Macro vibe reduction?

Now seeing the image of the terminal block...(Macro vibe reduction?) Can the connector or individual wires even be removed? It seems that it is fixed rather than removable.
I think the individual wires can be removed, I haven't yet - but you can see the locking fingers in one of the photos. I thought at first that it was a connector that could be unplugged - that would make life too convenient.

I honestly cant believe there are not other options.
outside drones
I can't think of many things that use micro HDMI on both ends though - the only things I can think of are this gimbal, and connecting a GoPro/Solo controller directly to FatShark goggles.

Reactions: Solo Keith
I think the individual wires can be removed, I haven't yet - but you can see the locking fingers in one of the photos. I thought at first that it was a connector that could be unplugged - that would make life too convenient.
I don't think they're removable unless the whole assembly is de-soldered from the board... In either case the wire spacing is 2mm, I measured my board's through hole spacing.

The problem with after market HDMI cables are that they are typically straight connectors. With the limited rearward space at the gimbal, that won't work. David Tan's assembled ribbon cable solution is the only micro to micro that fits other than OEM. But even that setup has contact issues. It is what it is...

@User Name DIY HDMI cable solution appears the best, but not an easy solution to assemble and still may have contact making its way to the main board termination.

Not selling on the idea, but I think the stock HDMI cable is the best solution. That is why I'm continuing to work with it and making the effort to isolate its influence. The recent idea with the tape seems to work well, far better than hard mounting.

Reactions: rwijnhov and Maddog
As a side note, I had 3 of Relish ribbon cable, they all over time started video rollong and eventually lost signal.
I took one apart this weekend. Cleaned the contact points and used a multi meter to insure the clamps on each end were completeing a circuit.
Then I hot glued the ribbons and clips

It is working 100% again.
We will see if it holds up.

I will say though, even a good ribbon cable is not a silver bullet.
You can still have micros vibes with a ribbon cable.

Reactions: Maddog and RichWest

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421