FS: 2x Freedom360 ND8; 2x Freedom360 GoPro Hero3/4 aluminum front plate heatsink

Reaction score
For sale I have two sets of ND8/front plates (heatsinks) from Freedom360.

The ND8 filters are NiSi glass in an aluminum frame with a set-screw to secure it to the lens barrel of the Hero3/4 cameras.

The front plates are machined aluminum and come with heatsink compound and a spudger to remove the old front plate. These are meant to give a nice clean low visibility appearance to the GoPro, as well as to reduce operating temperatures.

Jason Mascheri said:
Yes, the aluminum front panel helps a bit with heat. it comes with thermal paste to make a heat transfer point from the sensor block to the front. it also makes your camera look stylish and new again.

In regards to the ND filters: the filter holder is based on our own design, making sure it doesn’t fall off in rough situations (drone and helicopter work for example), as well as the optical qualities one would expect from Nisi Filters. (Nisi makes some of the highest resolution filters out there on the market, better than Lee and Tiffen).

Price per "set" (1x ND8 & 1x front plate): $19 + Shipping (from NY, USA)
Untitled.jpg
(Shown in image: Original set of 6x ND8. Only 2x are available still. ND8 light reduction. Faceplate and spudger/heatsink compound.)

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Last edited:
2x sets of faceplates and ND8 filters are still available. $19+shipping from NY. Help me clean up my desk!

Currently, I have a set of the Kamkix and they don't really do a good job. I've been looking to get the Sandmarc set. How well do these perform? Can't really find much info on reviews and comparison for these. Thanks.

Currently, I have a set of the Kamkix and they don't really do a good job. I've been looking to get the Sandmarc set. How well do these perform? Can't really find much info on reviews and comparison for these. Thanks.
Sorry, when I say "these", I mean yours.
I've only taken them out once very briefly so far. I had my settings pretty wrong and I knew it was far too late to use it effectively, so be aware of that when you view the video:
Edmunds Road Walk - 3DR Solo (OpenSolo v3.0.0) [GoPro Hero4 Black]

That being said, I agree with what I saw in other reviews of the NiSi ND glass itself (for regular photography, not these filters themselves). The optical clarity seems great, I didn't observe any appreciable color cast, I didn't see any banding or unevenness in the filter... To me, they seem to be made well. I hope I can get out to film with them during more appropriate lighting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle