Macro vibe reduction?

Very resourceful. I noticed your landing was quick, yet the camera didn't jump around very much on contact with the ground. Seems they are very effective or the gimbal is fairly solid. I may give those a try as well...Bagan Balls....;)
Yeah, the leg is only 2 bucks for 4

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

was messing with my solo today on the table with the props off. man there is still a lot of vibration on the body of solo
the body vibrations do not seem to transfer to the gimbal, but it would be nice to dampen them down a bit

Actually the Bagan Balls may offer some ability to dampen vibes.... For $2 it's worth a go, well maybe not $2 for me, you know I'll buy 2-3 sizes and mess with them forever.....;)

The Styrofoam doesn't have a lot of mass, but the size and location may be enough to stabilize some movements. Anything done has a cause and effect. Wind would be factor....looked like a calm day in the videos.

Prior to Christmas last year I had been running with a counter weight on the rear of the bird. Surprisingly it worked well and I was able to tune the weight to offset some vibes at the gimbal. I took it off thinking the mod would be too difficult for others to replicate and that the added weight would reduce flight times further. Besides, I wanted to head in a different direction with mod'ing the isolators. May have to find that baggie of parts...just add hot glue...

No doubt it is rigid, but the loop allows a little more freedom of movement without heavy mod'ing. I am looking into a different cable as a replacement. Rather than individual wires, my want is a highly flexible jacketed cable. Buying a foot is out of the question, so I wait.

By no means is my method correct or that there isn't better, I appreciate hearing of your solution (pictures would be nice). There is a guy (Harper) over on Vimeo with some really stable video, but I haven't read what he's done to make it so. There in lies the problem, nobody shares their solution. I share because I want to see others improve their experiences and make some epic videos...a lot of talented people flying with Solo.
Does it have to be jacketed? How about a ribbon cable?

was messing with my solo today on the table with the props off. man there is still a lot of vibration on the body of solo
the body vibrations do not seem to transfer to the gimbal, but it would be nice to dampen them down a bit
?? Are you talking about vibration from the motors? Have you balanced them?

Does it have to be jacketed? How about a ribbon cable?
Not really, I'm just avoiding making up a connector as the pins are very small. I did find some 30AWG silicone wire at about $1.50 for 3', offered in 6 colors.

If the accessory port is any indication on how well ribbon cable holds up, I'll pass....

Reactions: Maddog
How about a ribbon cable?
ribbon wouldn't be ideal unless your vibrations were only constrained to one axis.

I wish I could find a micro HDMI that was the same as my travel HDMI cord, it's thin and flexes more like a soft headphone/earbud cable.

If you can get a photo of your setup it would be interesting to see the data cable and possibly we could ID the connector.

In my experience anything sandwiched between the gimbal board, moongel or sorbo, induces jello. If you are referring to my photo above, the blue material inside the isolators, that is memory foam and in my case it is supporting the isolators.
thanks, the moongel sandwich was what I'd seen on the relish3d HDMI install video.

Connector shots attached

Attachments

• 2016-10-16 16.38.16-small.jpg
    2016-10-16 16.38.16-small.jpg
    394.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 2016-10-16 16.38.46-small.jpg
    2016-10-16 16.38.46-small.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 2016-10-16 16.39.34-small.jpg
    2016-10-16 16.39.34-small.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 40
Reactions: RichWest
Mine is a Prime Day bundle, and the data cable on those (or mine at least) is different. It is the stiff data cable but with individual wires, no black flex casing around it, and it isn't soldered directly to the mainboard it has a connector block that I couldn't find in the docs.

Does anyone know the part # for the single row 8 pin mustard/gold coloured connector on the Solo mainboard for the gimbal data cable?
Now seeing the image of the terminal block...(Macro vibe reduction?) Can the connector or individual wires even be removed? It seems that it is fixed rather than removable. I have never seen that connector or this setup before.....on Solo

I can see the crimp pins, but wonder if that assembly was designed to transition stranded wire to a hard solder point. A strain relief of sorts... I know I've seen those type of terminals before, crimp to solder, but never seen it applied.

If you're looking for the connector and terminals, measure off the pin spacing (pin to pin). After that it should be easy to ID a replacement. I'd actually like to know for future use. I'm guessing, but maybe 2.5mm spacing....

Hi all, I have a question about props, i have a scratch propeller, can i still use that propeller to fly? Or should i change to brand new props?
bc749a69550a4b1bc08c797a50f2ea32.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

wowa
I would not fly those.
Sure people are doing it. I now have about 10 sets of props
2 have never been opened, 6 are balanced and in my back pack
2 are scuffed or damaged due to crashes and have been retired

Here's a video showing the hdmi cable interaction with the gimbal and supporting tape. Now with a portion of the support removed as suggested in OP. Compare the two videos as before and after, you'll see how the gimbal reacts to the prior point of contact.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here's a video showing the hdmi cable interaction with the gimbal and supporting tape. Now with a portion of the support removed as suggested in OP. Compare the two videos as before and after, you'll see how the gimbal reacts to the prior point of contact.

Looks good Rich.

ribbon wouldn't be ideal unless your vibrations were only constrained to one axis.

I wish I could find a micro HDMI that was the same as my travel HDMI cord, it's thin and flexes more like a soft headphone/earbud cable.

thanks, the moongel sandwich was what I'd seen on the relish3d HDMI install video.

Connector shots attached
Good point about the ribbon cable.

I honestly cant believe there are not other options.
outside drones, there are plenty of applications for a short lightweight hdmi cable
from cameras to recorders for example.
The only thing that keeps me from pulling the trigger on that new black magic micro 4K is that id does not have internal recording

rich, one more example from today, it was windy this afternoon here.

GH4 silver 1080p 60 protune, no stabilizer applied, and scratchy props ( the one above X_X )

Last edited:
pretty good, for some reason I find wind is not an issue parallel or perpendicular to win, but when its at an 45 to the wind

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl