iOS Update with Multi Point Cable Cam, Save & Load Cables, Time Lapse & Free Look

Just did the update now, which took only about 5 minutes from start to finish.

Call me crazy, but I don't really care about multi-point cable cam or any of the new features. What excites me the most is getting new software that refines and perfects the basic functions. Like, for one, I'd like my Solo to stop flipping over when I land it. I can't wait to get out and fly later today and test the new software.

Excited for the new modes also, Does anyone know if they have fixed the bunny hop landing problem with this new update?

Screenshot_20160211-131618.png Screenshot_20160211-131416.png

I hope some of these circles arent real. I fly in Fargo and Minneapolis areas. I may have to move to enjoy the new updates.

View attachment 2491 View attachment 2492

I hope some of these circles arent real. I fly in Fargo and Minneapolis areas. I may have to move to enjoy the new updates.

I live in the western lakes area of MPLS. There are several sea planes on Lake Minnetonka that show up. Certainly, not an airport or even a landing strip per se. I've been ignoring some these. There are smaller airports in the area but are fewer and farther between.

One sure way to get people to ignore valid warnings is to throw a bunch of garbage in the reporting tool
People will just ignore it

Reactions: BladeImages

Have you tried the FAA B4UFLY app?

Most of those are probably correct. The no fly areas will show any airport or heliport. So that includes hospitals, police stations, private heliports....they start to add up quick.

Just did the update now, which took only about 5 minutes from start to finish.

Call me crazy, but I don't really care about multi-point cable cam or any of the new features. What excites me the most is getting new software that refines and perfects the basic functions. Like, for one, I'd like my Solo to stop flipping over when I land it. I can't wait to get out and fly later today and test the new software.
"stop flipping over when I land it" Can't find that under settings? :)

I cannot update on Android (OS lollipop)

I've cleared cache/data/reinstalled on both Solo app and 3DR services, nada...the update downloads fine onto my phone but I cannot connect to Solo to initiate the actual FW upgrade process (stucks on looking for solo...)

Anyone with similar problems?

I'm really looking fwd to multipoint cable...the issue with the original one is if the two points are a huge altitude change over a short distance, the chances of hitting a tree/post was quite high. This solves that issue.

any more details on the time lapse mode? Huge thanks to 3DR for delievering more features than expected...and for once early instead of late (Spring update came in Feb...pleasant surprise)!

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddog
I cannot update on Android (OS lollipop)

I've cleared cache/data/reinstalled on both Solo app and 3DR services, nada...the update downloads fine onto my phone but I cannot connect to Solo to initiate the actual FW upgrade process (stucks on looking for solo...)

Anyone with similar problems?

I'm really looking fwd to multipoint cable...the issue with the original one is if the two points are a huge altitude change over a short distance, the chances of hitting a tree/post was quite high. This solves that issue.

any more details on the time lapse mode? Huge thanks to 3DR for delievering more features than expected...and for once early instead of late (Spring update came in Feb...pleasant surprise)!

Just uninstall and reinstall the app

If you land slowly on a flat surface Solo definitely won't flip, I've never flipped my Solo so the only prop I've lost, I literally simply lost. I bought loads of spare props but have never needed to use them!

You guys need to start filing some tickets
Never had that problem ever, sounds like something is wrong

I've had this problem ever since I got a replacement solo after a controller issue. I've been through several firmware restorations, 3 full sets of propellers, 4 support tickets, and support doesn't seem to be too interested other than to send me new props (and motors on the last ticket). At first they said it was user input, so I took that out of the question by landing full auto. Did it again & they said it didn't get the signal that it was on the ground, actually they've said it's had that error every time, so I started landing on hard flat ground. The last support ticket they asked me to send it in, but the last time I did that it took them well over a month to return it (including transit time), so I'm quite hesitant to go through that again.

Now, I've just resolved to only landing with full manual control and haven't had any more issues.

I don't recall seeing another thread on this issue, is there one? If other people are having the problem, we should compare notes.

Ahem... I seem to have a unique ability to break props with my fingers. I've spent as much on Band-Aids as propellers.
It ain't funny, danggit!

The Airmap shows up on my Android device but not my iPad mini- is it supposed to?
I'm seeing strange things.

My android tablet shows all sorts of air strips in my area, my android cell phone, in the same spot, using the same settings, shows almost none. This doesn't give me much confidence at all.

Same location, same wifi, same gps position, it's very different between the two, even when zooming in our out on the map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle