The worst has happened - battery died mid-air, Solo plummeted into the ocean

View media item 686You obviosly do not live near a habitat where Dragonflies grow to a large size. In late August, and September you will see large dragonflies feasting on mosquitos in swarms. I am surprised we don't use bats and dragonflies to reduce the mosquito population around here. Instead they spray with toxic pesticide and kill more than just mosquitos. When my wife an I went to the BCRCC airfield yesterday I took these pictures just to show you how large dragonflies are up here, and how they fly in swarms. Just the fact that I could get a decent shot like this with the cheap camera I keep in my Wrangler indicates there were hundreds of dragonflies flying around us.
I think it's cool. Dragonflies feast on mosquitos. The more bats and dragonflies in the area the less mosquitos. Too bad they don't eat horseflies because they were biting and that's the only nuisance that limited me to 3 flights. Next time I fly there I'll be dressed for it.
Hopefully the praying mantis population will grow there. They eat horseflies.
Damn- I thought those were helos!

The VERDICT is in... It was a brown out.
And I guess the GoPro is out of the question? I think a long o_O time ago they used to, didn't they?

View attachment 6903
Also, wanna take the opportunity to thank everyone for the replies, it helps to talk about it. Next step, I don't think I'm going to replace my setup, I still have backup Solos and will just buy a GoPro and a gimbal.
I probably missed this but is it still under warranty?

My Solo literally pulverizes the dragonflies down here in Florida we have em in swarms and they are big. I pick bug guts off my birds every time I fly ...Even my small Hubsan 501S is a Cuisinart to any insects flying around I don't see how a bug can even get into a motor spinning at 10,000 rpm or whatever its spinning at? But I'm sure it's possible.

Reactions: Travelfox
My Solo literally pulverizes the dragonflies down here in Florida we have em in swarms and they are big. I pick bug guts off my birds every time I fly ...Even my small Hubsan 501S is a Cuisinart to any insects flying around I don't see how a bug can even get into a motor spinning at 10,000 rpm or whatever its spinning at? But I'm sure it's possible.
Oh yuck...gross..:eek:

I probably missed this but is it still under warranty?
Yes and they are replacing it. (But won't send it to Canada because I bought it in California while I was there. I'm having it shipped to me but at least it's being replaced. No GoPro tho)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela