Reaction score
Well, I've done it again. Somehow I've crashed my Solo for a 3rd time but this time I have come away with no drone. Some may say I should be more careful but in all reality, they were complete accidents, one not being my fault in any way. The first time, the Solo lost signal, feel into a lake but then continued to return home(not sure how that happened), I made a post about my second crash which is explained a bit by this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Fortunately the first drone ended up fine after sitting in rice for a week, the second crash I recovered the drone very beat up but it was fully replaced by 3DR. My 3rd crash came at the expense of paying little attention to my surroundings and only what was on my screen. I was looking only at what I was filming, hit a tree, and lost the Solo in the river. All my fault, and no replacement. I was getting a shot for this video:
and down it went. I guess 3rd time is the charm huh. Right now I wish 3DR would have implemented some sort of obstacle detection technology like that of the Phantom 4. Being a poor college student, I will not be able to purchase another drone, but if I were to sometime, I may be leaning towards a Phantom.

Sorry for your loss. Based on your statement for the 3rd crash, obstacle avoidance of the P4 may not have saved you anyway. Since you said you were concentrating on the camera view, it isn't likely you ran straight into the tree, and likely hit it from the rear or side. The P4 AO is only for obstacle directly in front of the craft.

Reactions: Acroduster
Agreed. The P4's OA system would not have helped in your case.

Well, I've done it again. Somehow I've crashed my Solo for a 3rd time but this time I have come away with no drone. Some may say I should be more careful but in all reality, they were complete accidents, one not being my fault in any way. The first time, the Solo lost signal, feel into a lake but then continued to return home(not sure how that happened), I made a post about my second crash which is explained a bit by this video:
Fortunately the first drone ended up fine after sitting in rice for a week, the second crash I recovered the drone very beat up but it was fully replaced by 3DR. My 3rd crash came at the expense of paying little attention to my surroundings and only what was on my screen. I was looking only at what I was filming, hit a tree, and lost the Solo in the river. All my fault, and no replacement. I was getting a shot for this video:
and down it went. I guess 3rd time is the charm huh. Right now I wish 3DR would have implemented some sort of obstacle detection technology like that of the Phantom 4. Being a poor college student, I will not be able to purchase another drone, but if I were to sometime, I may be leaning towards a Phantom.

Funniest part of this video is how 90 percent of the people don't bat an eye at a fn 6 foot pikachu being chased down by a guy. Shows most folks are likely either entranced by their phone on Pokemon or just used to this kinda thing in a college town. Lmao sorry about your solo and whichever bird you decide on next be safe, I've been flying years and haven't managed to crash, a few close calls but could be bad luck on the earlier ones.

Oh and watch choosing p4 cause I have a feeling there would likely have not been a second and without a doubt no third chance with them. One crash would probably total it and I've not heard good things on the service end over there, thank god mines still in one piece so I haven't used it personally, but I know if mine crashes it's Game Over.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dachl