Votes: 3 33.3%
  • check 3DR for recommended "fix"

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Website
wqwallabear.tumblr.com
Hey guys,

I've had my solo for about 6 months now and have been super nervous flying in some situations that may be totally unreasonable... Now this hesitation stems from low flight time and two crashes (low level impacts). I am hoping to get some good feedback from some of you who may have already experienced these issues.

I am a rock climber in the south east US and often run into fairly dense tree coverage where I can pick up 6-8 satellites but not a strong enough connection to take off without using "Fly Manual."
I have tried the cardboard between the foil of the GPS with little to no difference. at times it may take 5-7 minutes to pick up a GPS signal strong enough for "Fly" mode.

Getting up and in the sky being the first issue, controller and drone signal communication is the next. I have upgraded ALFA antennas and notice a tremendous difference out in the open or in a heavily populated Wi-Fi loc. If there is anything out there that could help with a poor line of sight connection so I can fly a little further through the tree coverage that would be awesome, and I understand if that is out of the question, I am simply ignorant to the span of technology letting us operate such awesome craft and would love for any suggestions, comments, or any feedback for my issues! thanks for taking the time to read this guys, happy flying!

I use this antenna. I tried the Alfa's and found this to give much better range, more "punch" through obstacles.

SOLO V.2 Long Range Kit 10.5dBi - FPVLR

There are also different wi-fi cards you can install in Solo and the controller for a better connection. I'll see if I can find a thread or YouTube video for the Mikrotik wifi mod.
Here it is:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
I use this antenna. I tried the Alfa's and found this to give much better range, more "punch" through obstacles.

SOLO V.2 Long Range Kit 10.5dBi - FPVLR

There are also different wi-fi cards you can install in Solo and the controller for a better connection. I'll see if I can find a thread or YouTube video for the Mikrotik wifi mod.
Here it is:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Thanks! I'll look into that WiFi kit and antenna combo. Any reccomendations for a better/quicker GPS lock?

for GPS order the new shield off their website
it is supposed to make the rev A as good as Rev B

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc