New Year, New Solo! Open Solo 3.0.0 released

Open the 3DR or Solex app. What versions does it say for the Solo and Autopilot?

I factory reset the Solo to try and fix the problem and it seems the opensolo was already loaded into memory as the default firmware , as the Solex app now says AP1.5.4 and everything else at 3.0.0. Everything is connected and paired. Has it fixed itself or do you recommend I try to reflash copter through Solex again, to make sure everything installed correctly?

Controller is currently displaying Compass error.

I factory reset the Solo to try and fix the problem and it seems the opensolo was already loaded into memory as the default firmware , as the Solex app now says AP1.5.4 and everything else at 3.0.0. Everything is connected and paired. Has it fixed itself or do you recommend I try to reflash copter through Solex again, to make sure everything installed correctly?

Controller is currently displaying Compass error.
You're good. The step that generated the error in the Solex script must have been the very last step that tags it for a factory reset on reboot. IDK why that would fail. None the less, manually initiating the factory reset did the same thing.

You're good. The step that generated the error in the Solex script must have been the very last step that tags it for a factory reset on reboot. IDK why that would fail. None the less, manually initiating the factory reset did the same thing.

Great.. Thank you for your time!

Hello!! I'm new here, and I've decide to try the OpenSolo 3.0 and I've installed with the side pilot app.
Before I was flying ok with sats and etc... but after the update, I'm having issues... :( Almost 30min and the GPS count is 0!!! Can someone help me?

I appreciate! (sorry for my poor english, I'm from Brazil!)

sounds like one of two things
you did not calibrate and reboot after each calibration
or
your parameters are not set, try reloading the parameters
if you did indeed get it installed on both the controller and copter, doing a reset, calibrate and reboot might work

Reactions: Tanaka and june03dr
sounds like one of two things
you did not calibrate and reboot after each calibration
or
your parameters are not set, try reloading the parameters
if you did indeed get it installed on both the controller and copter, doing a reset, calibrate and reboot might work
Thank you for the quick reply Pyrate!
How can I load parameters, or which parameters do I need to load? I'll do a compass calibration, and reboot both controllers and copter. And a level calibration too.

The reset I've already did.

As far as my software and firmware on my solo it's all stock. Is this update for my Solo also or is it just for Solex? I also have the updated IPhone IOS. Thanks for all the work you do and your help.

Hello!! I'm new here, and I've decide to try the OpenSolo 3.0 and I've installed with the side pilot app.
Before I was flying ok with sats and etc... but after the update, I'm having issues... :( Almost 30min and the GPS count is 0!!! Can someone help me?

I appreciate! (sorry for my poor english, I'm from Brazil!)

First, you're trying this outdoors, right? Getting no sats indoors is perfectly normal.

If you're still not getting any sats outdoors. Do a parameter reset in the sidepilot app and reboot. The proceed through the post-install instructions as normal. See if that restores the GPS.

Reactions: Tanaka
One of my spare birds had an issue after the open solo upgrade. I was getting no sats whatsoever (outdoors). Motor tests worked fine, compass calibration worked fine, even the IMU calibration worked fine, but just could not get sats indoors or out. Left it for a few days, checked it again when I had time. Still no joy. This was a bird with an old version MRO in it too (which previously get me sats indoors). Finally decided to do the simplest check of all. Checked the GPS cable. Viola! It had worked itself loose (must have snagged it on part of the Ver 2 shielding putting it in). Might be worth checking if all the good advice above doesn't resolve the issue.

First, you're trying this outdoors, right? Getting no sats indoors is perfectly normal.

If you're still not getting any sats outdoors. Do a parameter reset in the sidepilot app and reboot. The proceed through the post-install instructions as normal. See if that restores the GPS.
I'll try again Thursday (as today and tomorrow raining a lot!!!) so soon I'll reach you with the verdict!

One of my spare birds had an issue after the open solo upgrade. I was getting no sats whatsoever (outdoors). Motor tests worked fine, compass calibration worked fine, even the IMU calibration worked fine, but just could not get sats indoors or out. Left it for a few days, checked it again when I had time. Still no joy. This was a bird with an old version MRO in it too (which previously get me sats indoors). Finally decided to do the simplest check of all. Checked the GPS cable. Viola! It had worked itself loose (must have snagged it on part of the Ver 2 shielding putting it in). Might be worth checking if all the good advice above doesn't resolve the issue.

The side pilot app show something related? Like a warning saying GPS module not found, ou something like that? I've just check the connection and the continuity of the connector and everything is fine, I'm just waiting to the rain stop pouring...

Nope, no warning. Funnily enough I had bought a solo that had the GPS unplugged and upon starting up the bird wouldn't stop beeping. Thought it was messed up but someone pointed out that it could be the GPS unplugged. With this bird though, no beeps at all. Not sure if some check was disabled or maybe there was a partial connection so the GPS was detected but just not sending or receiving any info. Either way, plugging it back in worked just fine. It may not be your issue, but may be worth checking while you're stuck indoors.

@Pedals2Paddles , @IrishmanPDX and @pyrate
SUCCESS Guys!!!!!
Thank you so much for the help!!!

I reseted the parameters and after doing the compass and level, and rebooting both copter and controller, I was seeing the numbers of sats going up!!!! And for the first flight, it was very stable in hover, compared to what i was having with old 3DR firmware. Thank you all!!! And thanks to the community that developed the firmware!

greetings from Brazil!!!!

hi i update my Solo to 3.0 and work fine until yesterday, but tonight i want to fly but the controller say waiting for solo, what can i do? I Try reset the controller but not working.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40