iOS Update with Multi Point Cable Cam, Save & Load Cables, Time Lapse & Free Look

trying to keep this on topic, not mine just sharing because I am stuck at work and cant fly

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought it was pretty good as well. Notice towards the end it was almost exact. I suspect it is the difference in GPS accuracy in the beginning of the flight and first lock. GPS would generally gain in accuracy at altitude and time since acquired.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Would the only way to get it to do a partial orbit along the cable cam be to add multiple points close together looking at the same framing? I'd love to be able to select a point on the cable and

that and possible wind resistance
I would think that wind could be a factor, but only if it was strong enough to overcome the speed setting of the Solo, since the software is telling to be at a specific spot at a specific time. So just like hovering in a high wind, the Solo would compensate, same as when I fly surveys and WP missions.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
I cannot update on Android (OS lollipop)

I've cleared cache/data/reinstalled on both Solo app and 3DR services, nada...the update downloads fine onto my phone but I cannot connect to Solo to initiate the actual FW upgrade process (stucks on looking for solo...)

Anyone with similar problems?

I'm really looking fwd to multipoint cable...the issue with the original one is if the two points are a huge altitude change over a short distance, the chances of hitting a tree/post was quite high. This solves that issue.

any more details on the time lapse mode? Huge thanks to 3DR for delievering more features than expected...and for once early instead of late (Spring update came in Feb...pleasant surprise)!
I had the problem on iOS- turned Solo off and back on again and it finished the update.

I'm seeing strange things.

My android tablet shows all sorts of air strips in my area, my android cell phone, in the same spot, using the same settings, shows almost none. This doesn't give me much confidence at all.

Same location, same wifi, same gps position, it's very different between the two, even when zooming in our out on the map.
My Nexus 7 is also showing "airstrips" that I've never heard of and don't exist. One of them is right in the middle of a dense residential area.

trying to keep this on topic, not mine just sharing because I am stuck at work and cant fly

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
My GoPro is broken so no flying for me either.:(

The Airmap data is often out of date with air fields that have been closed a decade and so on. DJI and 3DR use the same dataset, thankfully 3DR have the data as information only as it's not accurate enough data to force users to abide by.

Mine is on a return trip from Peau so I just threw my gopro 3 black in there to keep the gimbal from freaking

I thought it was pretty good as well. Notice towards the end it was almost exact. I suspect it is the difference in GPS accuracy in the beginning of the flight and first lock. GPS would generally gain in accuracy at altitude and time since acquired.
I'd like to set up a close encounter shot, but having something set on the fly and with consumer grade GPS I'll work with what I have. Always better hardware, if needed. I think a big new world just opened up for Solo, thanks 3DR!

3DR to date have never forced a feature on users that can't be turned off, I don't see that changing in future.
I hope you're right...

3DR to date have never forced a feature on users that can't be turned off, I don't see that changing in future.
Let's hope so. The FAA may enforce it eventually. Was talking to Jerry (JR - former forum member) the other day and he was saying the latest P3 update has it. He kept the original firmware on his.
I had no idea the update came out until I got a message from him and he mentioned the fact that it might have the geofence included.
He's actually down here in Texas right now. I met up with him in Austin and we flew by the Pennybacker bridge and Colorado river. He's down in Galveston now at Bolivar Peninsula and I am meeting up with him Saturday morning to do some flying at the beach.
I wish him and Earl G. were still here!

Reactions: Del
legislation in the works now to get 4.4 lb and lighter drones out of the hands of the FAA, and it is tied to their funding bill

Reactions: Raybro
I had the problem on iOS- turned Solo off and back on again and it finished the update.
Yep.. Me to!!
I had the same problem updating my Solo with the last couple fW... I had to turn off Solo and then back on to finish the update !!
Im also running IOS!
I havint done this new update yet... But I'm expecting to probably be running into the same problem again..,

Cheers

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44