Guide to Install & Setup the Green Cube on your Solo.

thx for info,

do you have a list of pros and cons of the greencube ?

Same GoPros that's nothing to do with solex. Cons-erm don't know of any

The lights alternating flashing during flight; is that a Green Cube trait? Also the one red light...problem with the configuration?

Yep it's the GC. one red light consensus is it aids visual orientation

thx for info,

do you have a list of pros and cons of the greencube ?
No Cons only Pro's
Solo as it is now, with out updating to the GC Doesn't have a future:
The "Green Cube" GC Has been specifically made for Solo to address a Hardware problem that exist on all Solo's presently.
1. No more 3DR to Update Solo
2. Electrical Hardware problem. 3DR fixed with a software fix limiter "Limiting for future improvements" The GC has Fixed this probelm permanently with hardware fix..
3. You have maybe 50+ people writing Code now to make Solo better
4. There is a Con, Not free, but since you most like got under $500 invested in your Solo, this is still a GREAT deal!
Many more New Features, but you need to research for your self.

I have joined the test group for the GC, but there are many, many others that have been busy at testing the GC to its' limits for months.
As soon as everything get tested & retested, then the GC Solo will be a user friendly upgrade.

Last edited:
what about smart shots ? are they still available ?
Yes it does, matter of fact, if you decide to update, Then Solex app is a must, It has many more "Smart Shots" Tons of new features.
With Solex, you will able to install updates with in the app, just like Solo app used too.
You can find Solex at Google app.

So there's a GC Pixhawk 2.1 and an Edison-capable Pixhawk 2.1 for DIY. Other than maybe Smart Shots, what's the difference?

the green cube is set up for solo with a different voltage on PWM
There are people hooking the solo controller and IMX6 up to the DIY Cube and basically flying smart shots on big DIY builds, just no gimbal control

Quick question regarding PWM voltages I understand that the stock solo pixhawk sends pwm signals at 3.3 volts not at 5.5 volts, so if using a different ESC with the stock Pixhawk setup will this also cause a brownout? Most simonk ESC's use a low pass filter,,, i.e. the esc's only need minimum 1.0 volts and max 1.5 volts PWM input to operate safely? I don't want to kill my new build by running master on the stock pixhawk without the internal jumper set to 5.5 volts.... please advise, and thanks in advance

Quick question regarding PWM voltages I understand that the stock solo pixhawk sends pwm signals at 3.3 volts not at 5.5 volts, so if using a different ESC with the stock Pixhawk setup will this also cause a brownout? Most simonk ESC's use a low pass filter,,, i.e. the esc's only need minimum 1.0 volts and max 1.5 volts PWM input to operate safely? I don't want to kill my new build by running master on the stock pixhawk without the internal jumper set to 5.5 volts.... please advise, and thanks in advance

LOL; providing a fixed voltage amplitude for PWM signals is truely a bad electronic design....
all PWM circuits i know are open collector, meaning the voltage would be provided inside the ESC, just get the same ground potential

just my 2 cents

LOL; providing a fixed voltage amplitude for PWM signals is truely a bad electronic design....
all PWM circuits i know are open collector, meaning the voltage would be provided inside the ESC, just get the same ground potential

just my 2 cents
Im talking about the logic side or drain not what the esc puts out from the bec, most esc's expect the pwm to have a dc voltage logic signal. That's why there is a signal wire and ground for the return or drain, it puts out a small amount of voltage i.e. 3.3~5.5 volts or more.

Last edited:
Im talking about the logic side or drain not what the esc puts out from the bec, most esc's expect the pwm to have a 5v logic signal no? I'm not sure if this is happening or if the signal is at 3.3 volts?

i´m too talking about the logic side, but to output a fixed amplitude of the PWM from the flight controller (as it seems to be done in solo) is simply an amateurish approach to basic electronic design of circuits...

with an open collector circuit you don´t have to think about any voltage of your output signal, basically your just switch the ground of the signal on and off, voltage comes from the other side of the wire (ESC)

i´m too talking about the logic side, but to output a fixed amplitude of the PWM from the flight controller (as it seems to be done in solo) is simply an amateurish approach to basic electronic design of circuits...

with an open collector circuit you don´t have to think about any voltage of your output signal, basically your just switch the ground of the signal on and off, voltage comes from the other side of the wire (ESC)

Oh ok I see what you are stating now, yeah that's my question why do they do this? And is there any way to defeat this other than installing the green cube? And thanks in advance

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea