Guide to Install & Setup the Green Cube on your Solo.

If no one appreciates The re-post of kelly's update news about Solex,Then i will discontinue re-posting this info here.
I was doing this because some users Solex don't have a FB acct. Maybe everyone has a FB acct. now?
Wouldn't it be more appropriate if posted in the Solex thread? If anything link to a specific point of Solex's further integration effort for the Green PH 2.1.

I appreciate you posting either way...

Sorry Steve. I've been watching the "I love Manchester" gig all night with Ariana Grande.

I appreciate you posting pal.

Reactions: SteveReno
Steve, it's all good. A different point of view and interpretation is a healthy thing.

Please continue with it, because personally it's sincerely appreciated.

Sam

No problem, I enjoy keeping other's up to date, just as long as it's needed / read, I will repost Kelly's update news.

I too am another avid non faceacher.Never will do it again either so appreciate any relayed messages here.Other than those I just keep stabbing the screen with my finger until something happens.Hit a tree at the weekend...........

Copied this from the public Github for Solo.
What does upgrading to the Cube offer?

Releases · ArduPilot/SoloScripts · GitHub

ArduCopter current release features that will be pertinent and new to the Solo. These are features in the current stable production release of ArduCopter, which at this time is v3.4.6. Anyone using ArduCopter's current release or newer firmware has these features. These are ones that are pertinent or of interest to Solo users.

• Motor output uses full range without limiter. Motor output derating (slew rate) removed!
  • Boat mode! Power on, initialize, and takeoff from a moving vehicle such as boat or truck.
  • Terrain awareness and terrain following using SRTM data or LIDAR in Auto Missions and RTL!
  • Dual GPS capability for redundancy or blending
  • RTK GPS compatibility for centimeter accuracy location
  • Drift mode uses altitude hold
  • Better position/error estimation through EKF enhancements
  • Current limiting (adjustable) to help protect battery
  • Flight time logger (aka Hobbs)
  • Improved takeoff and landing handling
ArduCopter Solo Beta v1.0.0 Solo solo specific features and fixes not in the current ArduCopter release. Many of these are works in progress for integration to a release version of ArduCopter. Until these features are merged into the current release version, they are available in the Solo Beta version.

• Enable Solo's motor pod LEDs.
  • Enables Solo specific beeps and tones.
  • Smart battery temperature & individual cell voltage monitoring & logging
  • Smart battery serial # received and logged
  • LEDs reconfigured to provide more user feedback and operational functionality
    • Aviation standard solid red/green in front, strobing LEDs to rear
    • Rear strobe color indicates pre-arm checks, GPS usability, and EKF status.
  • Fixed home location acquisition bug

Steve, i watched your vid on green cube (thanks). I have a problem with update. WHEN I tap the 3 lines at the top left I don't see any thing about updating. Call me dumb, please lead me by my nose. Joe

Hi all. Im trying to install green cube - in solex - firmware update is not populating at all... i have no zip files to select. What am i doing wrong. I found a file I was able to download to solex - but none of the files are the solo beta 1.2.0 file. I have arducopter_35-rc8_firmware.zip / arducopter_35-rc8_params.zip and imx_python_files.zip. where can I locate the correct files for solex to update solo with green cube. Please help.

Hi all. Im trying to install green cube - in solex - firmware update is not populating at all... i have no zip files to select. What am i doing wrong. I found a file I was able to download to solex - but none of the files are the solo beta 1.2.0 file. I have arducopter_35-rc8_firmware.zip / arducopter_35-rc8_params.zip and imx_python_files.zip. where can I locate the correct files for solex to update solo with green cube. Please help.

Edit: sorry just realized your attempting to upgrade with solex

Last edited:
Steve, i watched your vid on green cube (thanks). I have a problem with update. WHEN I tap the 3 lines at the top left I don't see any thing about updating. Call me dumb, please lead me by my nose. Joe

As you should know by now, The Cube 2.1 & Arducopter & Solex are trying to come together to make it easy to update your Solo, to be able to run Arducopter & all it's benefits & Solex to deliver the updates, just like 3DR Solo app did in the past.

All this said, it's all a work in progress that almost reached a point that you & i can do the install of the H/W & software our self's.

Anyone that is installing this update, should request access to Solo Beta Testing site on FB & keep up with all the new & wonderful things happening with our Solo's. & for the latest news on updating.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: speatuk
Hi all. So I'm having a bit of trouble. The green cube is installed. I think I did everything right... but maybe not. I updated the 3 files through solex - the solo went through the update and ended in a musical display. I put everything back together to take my first flight. Solo booted up - controller booted up. Solex is connected - I have video.. I can't move gimbal up or down. Once GPS is locked in - and the controller says "HOLD FLY TO START MOTOR"... I press fly and get nothing. Before - when I hold fly - I would see the "gas meter" go to full and the props would spin. Well - when i hit fly - nothing happens at all... any thoughts would be great... Thank you!

No beeps when i press fly
in normal mode - the button appears to do nothing. If is switch to manual and I press fly - the gas gauge progresses as it normally would and I get a beep beep tone - like error tone. Gimbal still won't work either

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela