Guide to Install & Setup the Green Cube on your Solo.

I installed the green cube the other day through solex. i followed all the instructions and when it was updating, it froze and the cube is blinking orange. I tried restarting several times, unplugged the cube, and did some troubleshooting with no success. I contacted Matt and then ultimately Philip to see what to do. Philip said to download the fmuv3 firmware through mission planner. Problem is that i use a MAC and have never used mission planner before. I was then told be to install the black cube back in and do a factory reset. Is there anyone who has any other suggestions or can help with mission planner? Or does anyone live in Florida where i can drive and get help? lol ...I really wanted to get this thing squared away so i can fly on a boat. Thanks.

Sorry to hear that where about in Florida? I'm up in levy county "Nature Coast" no problem helping out..

Reactions: Pedals2Paddles
I installed the green cube the other day through solex. i followed all the instructions and when it was updating, it froze and the cube is blinking orange. I tried restarting several times, unplugged the cube, and did some troubleshooting with no success. I contacted Matt and then ultimately Philip to see what to do. Philip said to download the fmuv3 firmware through mission planner. Problem is that i use a MAC and have never used mission planner before. I was then told be to install the black cube back in and do a factory reset. Is there anyone who has any other suggestions or can help with mission planner? Or does anyone live in Florida where i can drive and get help? lol ...I really wanted to get this thing squared away so i can fly on a boat. Thanks.
@mike sember I think I know what the problem is now. The complaining liar had the same problem... Unfortunately you need to be plugged in by USB to the PIxhawk to fix it. The only PC based application I'm familiar with for this is Mission Planner. I believe there are mac applications such as APM Planner or Q Ground Control. But i have literally no knowledge or experience with them. Hang on, let me ping some people in the group about this.

Last edited:
More lies. And not even good ones. Laughable even. Now the guy who built the Pixhawk is a scammer. Lol.

Maybe tommorow if you're even still here, I will post the screenshots of all the help and instructions we gave you. Then of you doing the opposite and whining about it. I'd do it now but the dog is comfy and I don't want to disturb her slumber next to me.

Oddly, a brand new user just posted on the beta group that followed the instructions as written. He said, it was so easy he thought he did it wrong.

I highly discourage trying this upgrade. It arrives with no instructions. and it is very easy to brick your bird playing with this thing. You are supposed to join some Facebook group, and get step by step instructions over days and weeks with critical details missing. When you ask for clear concise instruction set, they complain that they are busy playing minecraft or something, When I pointed out the problem I was caplocked yelled at, told I was whining complaining, threatened with being kicked out of the group, and finally kicked out. Not sure what else can be said, except due to unprofessional developers, this puts the final gravestone on the future of the 3DR Solo.

wow, Thanks for this load of lies!

The green cube is offered as a NON plug and play solution, but thanks to the efforts of Matt, FOR FREE, and Kelly, for na additional charge... it is almost plug and play now if you follow the instructions that Matt has provided.

YES I USE CAPS.... sometimes they are useful to highlight important information like....

PLEASE PRESS THE WRITE BUTTON if you actually want the parameters to get into the cube.

and I don't know how many times I asked that he NOT HAVE THE BATTERY INSTALLED!

Yelling at people offering you free support, insulting the hardware, and otherwise acting like a child wont make it work.

I have PM'ed you a set of instructions to help you sort out this mess... It may or may not work, but if you at least follow it EXACTLY, we can get to the next step.

You do not need to do this mod, and I am sure someone will take the cube off your hands if following instructions is too much for you.

But jumping all over the internet insulting those that are just trying to help you is pathetic, and a waste of all of our time... and yes, our time is worth more than yours... because we do not have any obligation to help you, and you have zero need to be doing this mod.

whats your plan when you have this installed? what are you expecting? do you know what you have signed up for?

It still blows my mind that over 300 posts were spent on this...
Brendan1.jpg

Then at the same time, a brand new guy with no experience and no hand holding had this to say:
Screenshot_20170628-225618.png

The new guy must have accidentally done everything right. All the other members of the beta group that followed instructions obviously also did everything correctly by mistake. And the people who had minor problems that people helped them through in a few posts in a day, also a total fluke. It's a total scam.

All these successful installs, it's a travashamockery!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If only the guy who designed and built the cube was a member of the bete group and this forum. Maybe he could help....

Last edited:
You need to have your android device connected to the internet to download the packages. Do that, then reconnect to the Solo's Wifi. Also, the beta packages are no longer used. We're on official ArduCopter 3.5-RC8 now.
SoloScripts/Initial_Install_Solex.md at master · ArduPilot/SoloScripts · GitHub
Thank you so very much.... I have clearly been following older instructions. Your instructions included the "Wipe_New_Pixhawk_firmware" and now I'm flying. The only possible issue I now have is the "vehicle settings" is grayed out in Solex.
I want to be clear, with my lack of tech savvy and lack of experience with radio control anything you guys on this forum are incredibly helpful and patient. I have learned a great deal thus far.. Cheers

Reactions: DJMc
I added firmware wipe yesterday evening hoping it kills whatever problems may be caused by whatever may be on it from the factory. Glad it worked for you already! If Vehicle Settings is greyed out, that is usually rectified by closing completely out of Solex and reopening. It's also best to wait for that "Getting vehicle parameters" message to clear before trying to do anything.

The instructions are on the github. They are quite clear especially for someone with your experience
I have but two years under my belt. And they worked for me

By the way, I would say 70% or more of the DIY gear I buy from professional companies is far less clear than what is easily available for the cube. And the community support is even better. Well .... unless you piss the very people who could help you off

Paddles,

Just looked at the GitHub site and your walk through on how it get it done. Very nicely done. I'm hoping that Jester get some GC in soon, so that I can place just one order for a CG and the Here. I'm looking forward to upgrading my Solo. Thank for all the hard work you and the others have done to make this an easier upgrade to complete.

wow, Thanks for this load of lies!

The green cube is offered as a NON plug and play solution, but thanks to the efforts of Matt, FOR FREE, and Kelly, for na additional charge... it is almost plug and play now if you follow the instructions that Matt has provided.

YES I USE CAPS.... sometimes they are useful to highlight important information like....

PLEASE PRESS THE WRITE BUTTON if you actually want the parameters to get into the cube.

and I don't know how many times I asked that he NOT HAVE THE BATTERY INSTALLED!

Yelling at people offering you free support, insulting the hardware, and otherwise acting like a child wont make it work.

I have PM'ed you a set of instructions to help you sort out this mess... It may or may not work, but if you at least follow it EXACTLY, we can get to the next step.

You do not need to do this mod, and I am sure someone will take the cube off your hands if following instructions is too much for you.

But jumping all over the internet insulting those that are just trying to help you is pathetic, and a waste of all of our time... and yes, our time is worth more than yours... because we do not have any obligation to help you, and you have zero need to be doing this mod.

whats your plan when you have this installed? what are you expecting? do you know what you have signed up for?
That's just too funny. I sat here rolling. I have many examples of such behavior in various situations. Don't know why they feel so "Entitled".....if they're young folks, I want to go over to their parent's house and slap their Mom and Dad one time upside the head for failing that entitled turd. If their older, I want to find where their parents are buried so I can dig 'em up and slap each one upside the skull! Know what I mean? ~~sigh~~

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig