Guide to Install & Setup the Green Cube on your Solo.

Let us know which 3 files you installed & what order you installed them?
It's sound like you need to reset your parameters to factory, then reinstall the RC8 parameters again.
I'm saying this by what i went though the first time. same errors.

Last edited:
Hi Rich - thanks for the reply. This solo isn't a new one. I've had this one for about a year. All fw for solo was updated and flew just fine pre green cube update. So I'm stumped too...

What instructions did you follow to do the install? What firmware did you load after installing it?

I'm pretty sure I did.... but since I'm having problems... maybe I screwed something up.... that's why I think I need to wipe and start fresh... is that possible?

Go into firmware updates and hit reset parameters. When prompted, power cycle the solo. Once it reconnects, go back to firmware updates and load the parameters package. Then power cycle again. You then have to redo level and compass calibration.

MEGO! (MY EYES GLOSS OVER). This goes in the "to hard box" Let me ask before I explode. What If I wait until solex puts all this in app update, will i be in my grave before it happens? I'm not the sharpest tack in the tool box and the more I read the dumber I get.
Thank you all

Solex it's almost ready, couple of more weeks? But updating to the GC 2.1, will always require something. Updates, new hardware available: Sonar, IR, LIDAR many other type of sensors, New Cameras, Gimbals, much more accurate GPS, Avoidance addons systems, all because of the GC 2.1 & the wonderful people at Ardupilot & all the testers here & Kelly Schrock of Solex.

I saying all this, cause your worried a little about installing the GC 2.1.... Now the sky isn't the limit!
Also, all the S/W F/W is in the final stages of completion. Ardu RC8 has been out for awhile & that the final release is being tested as we speak.

You'll be a pro modder in no time.

Reactions: andrew.baker.142
And I'm back:). I reset parameters - rebooted - installed firmware and parameters - rebooted. The gimbal and fly button work.... BUT...when the fly button is pressed and the gas gauge goes all the way (to the point where the props would spin) I get a weird 2 beep tone.. deeee dummm... any suggestions?

Ok - so I had my 1st flight.. the deee dumm beep disappears in different flight modes - such as fly manual... not sure why this is - bit my 1st flight was a success. I purchased the green cube to fly from a boat. I hope it works...

I've never used mission planner. I'm totally lost with that app. Is it easy to figure out?

Ok - so I had my 1st flight.. the deee dumm beep disappears in different flight modes - such as fly manual... not sure why this is - bit my 1st flight was a success. I purchased the green cube to fly from a boat. I hope it works...
Did you calibrate the GPS & Level after the last reboot? very important that you do this.

Last edited:
I've never used mission planner. I'm totally lost with that app. Is it easy to figure out?

Mission Planner is an awesome open source PC program. You can use it with Solo quite easily.
After installing the program and powering up Solo as usual, connect your laptop to the Solo WiFi network. With MP running, select UDP from the upper right drop down menu and press Connect. When it asks connect via port 14550. If you are successful you will see all the live telemetry.
YouTube has lots of training videos on how to use MP.

Reactions: Wetstone
I installed the green cube the other day through solex. i followed all the instructions and when it was updating, it froze and the cube is blinking orange. I tried restarting several times, unplugged the cube, and did some troubleshooting with no success. I contacted Matt and then ultimately Philip to see what to do. Philip said to download the fmuv3 firmware through mission planner. Problem is that i use a MAC and have never used mission planner before. I was then told be to install the black cube back in and do a factory reset. Is there anyone who has any other suggestions or can help with mission planner? Or does anyone live in Florida where i can drive and get help? lol ...I really wanted to get this thing squared away so i can fly on a boat. Thanks.

Reactions: Proficnc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig