installed open solo 4 incorrectly, now 3DR solo looks bricked?

Reaction score
So I was following the steps to install opensolo4 via SSH (Install via SSH) onto a factory reseted stock 3DR solo. I should have throughly read the instructions, as I missed the part that said "If you are upgrading a stock cube that still has the old 3DR 1.3.2 or 1.5.4 ArduCopter firmware, you need to install ArduCopter 4.0 first!" in doingso, I did the Controller IMX and Controller IMX steps first and when I realized I missed installing arducopter, I tried moving the arducopter.apj file into /firmware and rebooted the copter. rookie mistake, because I am stuck in some weird state and cannot get out (see video on imgur link). anyone know how to revert everything to before and start fresh?

I was able to pair the the copter with the controller even in this weird state, however, I dont know what to do next... any help much appreciated

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Attachments

• PXL_20230220_052520996.jpg
    PXL_20230220_052520996.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
So I was following the steps to install opensolo4 via SSH (Install via SSH) onto a factory reseted stock 3DR solo. I should have throughly read the instructions, as I missed the part that said "If you are upgrading a stock cube that still has the old 3DR 1.3.2 or 1.5.4 ArduCopter firmware, you need to install ArduCopter 4.0 first!" in doingso, I did the Controller IMX and Controller IMX steps first and when I realized I missed installing arducopter, I tried moving the arducopter.apj file into /firmware and rebooted the copter. rookie mistake, because I am stuck in some weird state and cannot get out (see video on imgur link). anyone know how to revert everything to before and start fresh?

I was able to pair the the copter with the controller even in this weird state, however, I dont know what to do next... any help much appreciated

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You can flash the correct ArduCopter firmware to the Cube using Mission Planner connecting via USB. Then factory reset the drone and it should boot up.

Reactions: Frank Foster
Do the factory reset again and start over. As long as the solo and controller will connect to each other to establish a WIFI it works with Solex. Make sure you catch the step to pair the solo and controller. I missed that and had to start over. Be patient. After you load the firmware on to the solo and cycle power it takes a while to complete.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc