Reaction score
I just recently got word back after mine was on a cable cam and decided to take a dive in the river without responding to controls, they are NOT going to replace my camera... anyone have where it states in the warranty? I'm seeing it all throughout google searches but I need it in the warranty. I would figure I was grandfathered into the guarantee seeings how I purchased on the initial idea of replacement months ago. They're saying their stock is exhausted even though I'm seeing tons of Hero 4's (what I lost brand new) still for sale through their primary vendor, Best Buy. I find this information hard to believe...

I just recently got word back after mine was on a cable cam and decided to take a dive in the river without responding to controls, they are NOT going to replace my camera... anyone have where it states in the warranty? I'm seeing it all throughout google searches but I need it in the warranty. I would figure I was grandfathered into the guarantee seeings how I purchased on the initial idea of replacement months ago. They're saying their stock is exhausted even though I'm seeing tons of Hero 4's (what I lost brand new) still for sale through their primary vendor, Best Buy. I find this information hard to believe...
This has been covered to death and the warranty quote is in one of the other threads on the subject. On 3rd party (GoPro) hardware replacement, it is only offered as long as that product is a current (manufactured) product. 3DR's relationship for replacments was from GoPro directly. Since GP has replaced the product with the GP5, GP is no longer able to provide the 4 to 3DR.

From their warranty regarding when they will not replace a 3rd party item:

Clause regarding replacement of items not manufactured by 3DR:
  1. "When we can no longer provide one or more items of the actual order (i.e. discontinued parts)."
Since the GP4 has been discontinued, they are no longer obligated/able to replace.

Reactions: SARDG
That sucks. I just bought GoPro hero4 black from B&H today for $329 +50 GC. OK deal if you need another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been covered to death and the warranty quote is in one of the other threads on the subject. On 3rd party (GoPro) hardware replacement, it is only offered as long as that product is a current (manufactured) product. 3DR's relationship for replacments was from GoPro directly. Since GP has replaced the product with the GP5, GP is no longer able to provide the 4 to 3DR.

From their warranty regarding when they will not replace a 3rd party item:

Clause regarding replacement of items not manufactured by 3DR:
  1. "When we can no longer provide one or more items of the actual order (i.e. discontinued parts)."
Since the GP4 has been discontinued, they are no longer obligated/able to replace.
Then give me a 5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc