Best Camera for 3dr Solo

Can you provide an example video to show what the video issue is? Pictures are worth a thousand words, video is about a million words....

Yes, turn off the gopro wifi. It says that in the solo instructions. I have the 4 black and use it fine with an iPhone 6 plus.

Thanks for the advice. The Phantom is on my short list. Like to fly one to see how it is to fly before buying. I will try the android tablet.

ZTE Trek 2 HD K88 Wi-Fi GSM AT&T unlocked 8" Android Tablet Gray 5MP - N

i got this same item for $59.99. when i added this on my cart thinking of a backup unit, it was only $68.99 now they jacked up the price to $79.99. supply and demand i guess. this would have been a cheaper alternative for you. check ebay as sometimes they do have this listed for a cheaper price.

Reactions: CumulusImaging
ZTE Trek 2 HD K88 Wi-Fi GSM AT&T unlocked 8" Android Tablet Gray 5MP - N

i got this same item for $59.99. when i added this on my cart thinking of a backup unit, it was only $68.99 now they jacked up the price to $79.99. supply and demand i guess. this would have been a cheaper alternative for you. check ebay as sometimes they do have this listed for a cheaper price.

Grateful for this forum. Waiting for my zte trek to arrive. Hopefully tomorrow. My refurb GoPro from eBay never made it. I know prolly best in another thread yet will many after market cameras fit properly till I get a four black?

Thanks again for the zte option

Blue skies..

"Best" camera for solo (as the subject says) is clearly not a gopro , but Sony RX100 :)
- could not resist :) 20170303_093034.jpg

Reactions: perkele
Just like you, upgraded to iOS 10.3.1 and lost connection to the 3dr Solo app every time I push "ready to fly". Read all the posts re this issue (and trust me there are quite a few threads out there now). Found a new app called Side Pilot and this is an alternative to buying a new android phone / tablet. Downside is that the app will cost you $14.99, however this is a whole lot cheaper than other alternatives... Side Pilot looks the goods and the developer has made comments and appear active in his ongoing development of the app.
I've been hearing about this problem as only iOS but I've been seeing it on my note edge occasionally. It happens usually after i use the gopro out of the solo on first use. I'm wondering if this is actually the most recent revision of the solo or gopro affecting performance.

Is this problem just with the Hero 4? I'm using 3+ silver and have never had any trouble FPV. IPad Mini and IPhone 6s, Samsung Tab 4-7"

I guess I am not understanding your question on the settings. I have the GoPro shooting at 1080 @60FPS, fov med, low light, protune on, white balance 5500k, color flat, iso 400, sharpness low,ev comp 0.. Yes, I have attached the gimbal cables both power and HDMI to their places on the gimbal circuit board and have routed the cables not in interfere with the gimbal. The gimbal functions fine. Since purchasing these solo's, I can't use the solo app to view my flights. The app won't work with the ios update, so I am only flying line of sight with no way to view the footage as I am flying. Basically, I turn the GoPro on and fly then edit the raw footage. I have tried, an iPhone 7+ and iPad mini and can't connect to the app.
A bit late to this thread and in reading it sounds like two issues, one viewing live video and the other being the quality of the video provided by your GoPro. I think the iOS Solo app update just posted may help with your first issue (assuming it is iOS 10.3 related).
Dunno if you solved the second one or not but I noticed you said "protune on" here. You are doing color correction in post, true? Protune does tonal compression making the raw video look rather grey (gray?). There is a good article that talks about what is going on when Protune is enabled and correcting it in kdenlive here.

First flight video with the hero 4 blk and peaupro 87 3.37 lens. Happy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: cosmic explorer
Awesome Mark.

Just started flying my solo. What software do you use to edit add music etc.

I'm looking for user friendly software as I have yet to edit and add music. Any suggestions?

Blue skies..

Awesome Mark.

Just started flying my solo. What software do you use to edit add music etc.

I'm looking for user friendly software as I have yet to edit and add music. Any suggestions?

Blue skies..

Being new and nervous I used the solo app to fly. Have solex but seems advanced and I did not take the time to study it.

I uploaded to YouTube and it has a video manager with royalty free music. I did no other edits... tho it has that capability as well. I added the music to eliminate prop noise. Easy peasy. Have fun!

Hello,
I own several Qx1 bought on secend hand, and having very good results in mapping. I would really like to know where are the kits of the original set up gimbal/Qx1 from sitescan (2016)!? Could we buy one of these? As far as I know, it was not a great success, and I'm sure there is plenty of these gimbals somewhere in a box...
Anybody knows? ;)
Thank you,
Julien

Hello,
I own several Qx1 bought on secend hand, and having very good results in mapping. I would really like to know where are the kits of the original set up gimbal/Qx1 from sitescan (2016)!? Could we buy one of these? As far as I know, it was not a great success, and I'm sure there is plenty of these gimbals somewhere in a box...
Anybody knows? ;)
Thank you,
Julien
It wasn't a QX1.

Sitescan had a Sony UMC-R10C. And the gimbal was very specifically for that camera

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela