Reaction score
I am trying to run a regular gopro 3 black with my solo through the gimbal and can't get a video feed. I have checked the forums and don't see much info on people trying to fly the original 3. 3dr says it is compatible, has anyone tried the gimbal with gopro 3 black? I've updated the solo and the gopro to the most recent versions. It worked with the static mount fine.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-05-17-29-32.png
    Screenshot_2016-01-05-17-29-32.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 11
They say that it will not work if you upgrade the firmware on camera. it will only give you live feed. you cannot control the camera. I have a hero 3+silver. same problem. I bought a hero 4 black and it works great. Look on past forums and they will tell you how to change to firmware that will work on live view for camera.

UPDATE- If you are having this problem I have found the solution. There seems to be an issue in the app software. This causes the video feed to freeze in full screen. I went to orbit mode and it changed to a map view with a small picture in picture view of the gopro and this seemed to work. When I went back to full screen the problem was solved. So if you are having an issue with a frozen video feed try changing to orbit mode and back to unfreeze the screen

I have a gopro 3 black, can you manually record and still fly using the live feed?

This happened to me recently. I was in an open area, and pretty much finished my flying time, so I did an RTH and brought her back safe and sound.

Check that the HDMI cables are plugged in correctly. That will entail removing the Gimbal to check the plugs.

Hope this helps

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo