By to my Solo. Getting KARMA

The point about the lanyard hook is legitimate, but it's also pretty picky in the greater scheme of things.

The legs is by design and for their target market (action sports) I think it makes sense to go with the ultra thin profile. Solution: take off from the back pack. Hand catching is gonna be tough though.
I guess I'm looking at this from the perspective of an old time RC flyer using a 16 channel Futaba radio or equivalent. Lots of us rarely actually held the controller per se, just held a stick pinched between our fingers.

I guess I'm looking at this from the perspective of an old time RC flyer using a 16 channel Futaba radio or equivalent. Lots of us rarely actually held the controller per se, just held a stick pinched between our fingers.
Well not to get too off topic, but I've never flown that way. That's not a boast. That's more an admission that I've never gotten it right. But the idea of not holding the controller, rather pinching the sticks is instantly appealing. I now have a new project.

Reactions: rassalas
i think i´m not going for a karma, it is to slow for me with just 35 mph, as i bougth my solo with follow mode while skiing/snowboarding in mind, and 35 mph is definitely to slow for that !

the only advantage i can see is that you can go with 4K without modifying the gopro as the gimbal is in front of the drone.
And the 2 people control mode, where another person controls the camera when i fly is also nice

Well can't help but ask a simple question: We all know that Solo is 3DRs last drone and they stopped the drone production business completely, stating that they have no intentions of developing new ones.( changing to software and moving away from consumers).Am I the only one who suspects that actually the Karma is somehow linked to the former 3DR team. It supports ,of course a GOPro camera, there is some uncanny resemblance when one looks at the Karma website to the solo website, the motor pods remind me of Solo, as does the entire design somehow remind me of the solo design ( l least it appears closer than any other drone I am aware of) Of course, the movable frame eso looks different , but something tells me, there has been an agreement btw 3DR and GoPro and that some technological transfer has taken place. What's U#re opinion on that?

Reactions: Crisp Rice
There were over 50 people let go this last year, probably more. You said "all (most of)", so that's what I was correcting as that's pretty far off. I'd consider 3 or 4 "a few" when compared to 50 or more.

There were over 50 people let go this last year, probably more. You said "all (most of)", so that's what I was correcting as that's pretty far off.
...and you went the other way with 1 or 2. :confused: You gotta' "chill", like me... :cool: :)

Well not to get too off topic, but I've never flown that way. That's not a boast. That's more an admission that I've never gotten it right. But the idea of not holding the controller, rather pinching the sticks is instantly appealing. I now have a new project.
Well can't help but ask a simple question: We all know that Solo is 3DRs last drone and they stopped the drone production business completely, stating that they have no intentions of developing new ones.( changing to software and moving away from consumers).Am I the only one who suspects that actually the Karma is somehow linked to the former 3DR team. It supports ,of course a GOPro camera, there is some uncanny resemblance when one looks at the Karma website to the solo website, the motor pods remind me of Solo, as does the entire design somehow remind me of the solo design ( l least it appears closer than any other drone I am aware of) Of course, the movable frame eso looks different , but something tells me, there has been an agreement btw 3DR and GoPro and that some technological transfer has taken place. What's U#re opinion on that?
Interesting, I'm not saying I won't buy one, however, one thing drone manufacturers need to learn, is never release a new drone after Memorial day, sure it bucks conventional holiday wisdom, but really does it make sense to buy a new drone when winter is coming?
One more point an earlier poster mentioned, (I forget the nick, sorry,) The foldable design was first promised with the "Lilly" drone, Did that thing ever get made? Sure looked kewl, waterproof, just toss it in the air or water ready to go... Any of that crew join the Karma crew?

Interesting, I'm not saying I won't buy one, however, one thing drone manufacturers need to learn, is never release a new drone after Memorial day, sure it bucks conventional holiday wisdom, but really does it make sense to buy a new drone when winter is coming?
You likely mean Labor Day? :) That aside, I can hardly wait for winter to get here so I can try some flying in 85 degree temps.

Reactions: jibcamera
You likely mean Labor Day? :) That aside, I can hardly wait for winter to get here so I can try some flying in 85 degree temps.

Memorial day. March-April is when weather starts to warm up enough so your fingers don't fall off during a 15 minute flight in my neighborhood. October temps fall back down to where it is uncomfortable again to fly for any length of time. A drone release should be timed to hit the streets as close to the beginning of the warm season as possible. No later than memorial day or reschedule for next spring, because you're not ready. Forget Christmas an outdoor drone on Christmas day is damn near useless.
Sure there are warmer places in the world where my advisement doesn't hold, but half the people in the US is a pretty large block of consumers.

Memorial day. March-April is when weather starts to warm up enough so your fingers don't fall off during a 15 minute flight in my neighborhood. October temps fall back down to where it is uncomfortable again to fly for any length of time. A drone release should be timed to hit the streets as close to the beginning of the warm season as possible. No later than memorial day or reschedule for next spring, because you're not ready. Forget Christmas an outdoor drone on Christmas day is damn near useless.
Sure there are warmer places in the world where my advisement doesn't hold, but half the people in the US is a pretty large block of consumers.
Right... you said:
"...never release a new drone after Memorial day, sure it bucks conventional holiday wisdom, but really does it make sense to buy a new drone when winter is coming?"

Labor Day 2016: 05 SEP
Memorial Day 2017: 29 MAY

Winter (in the northern hemisphere) is actually ~5 months after Memorial Day. :cool:

Think of it this way, half the world likes the release dates as they are..... why are y'all bickering....is this foreplay?

By to Karma getting Mavikk

DJI Mavic
Yeah. DJI may have just crushed Karma. We'll see. I *assume* a GoPro 4 Black or 5 will be a better camera. So there is that. The on board computer and smart shots will be better. There is also the Karma grip and the whole GoPro ecosystem of mounts and what not.

But on size and battery life, the Mavic crushes Karma.

the gimbal on the karma does not have any interpolation from the footage i've seen. it just moves up or down like a phantom or inspire. its far from a solo.

the smart shots, gimbal interpolation and angle presets on the solo is still the best in the business.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Forget Karma. Forget Mavic. This is lighter and easier to use than any of them :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

i think i´m not going for a karma, it is to slow for me with just 35 mph, as i bougth my solo with follow mode while skiing/snowboarding in mind, and 35 mph is definitely to slow for that !

the only advantage i can see is that you can go with 4K without modifying the gopro as the gimbal is in front of the drone.
And the 2 people control mode, where another person controls the camera when i fly is also nice
Solo ain't faster in Followme. 15 meters/second, ~33mph max.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc