By to my Solo. Getting KARMA

Reaction score
Considering I'm traveling South America in a VW bus, the portability is really appealing. My Solo with Backpack takes up way too much space.
I also have GoPro mounts all over my VW Bus and the detachable stabilizer is a great feature. Built in LCD makes one less attachment to worry about and if you already have a GoPro, the price point is attractive. Let's see how range, gps, and battery life are.

I'm primarily a Photographer flying a 3DR with a Peau Production 8.25mm lens and the small KARMA will be much nicer to take on hikes. I'll probably throw my old Hero 3+ on the Solo and fly it aggressively to take somefootage until I crash or sink it.

I hate GoPro, really... but Karma with an 8.25 lens on a Hero 4 is pretty much a perfect solution for me as a travel photographer

Reactions: Rex Barlow
You hope. Nobody has seen it other than some edited promotional videos. it doesn't even exist on the market yet. I always find it amusing when people make these proclamations.

You're assuming it actually works as advertised lol. Don't forget there are basic done functions that could make the Karma a total disaster...such as basic GPS-enable flight (as we all know). Remember how awesome all the Solo promo vids were before it was released? ;)

Without reliable and consistent ability to achieve very basic GPS flight stability, it will let down a lot of people. Let's hope GoPro nails it...because the way their company is doing lately, they won't be far behind 3DR if the Karma doesn't meet expectations.

You're assuming it actually works as advertised lol. Don't forget there are basic done functions that could make the Karma a total disaster...such as basic GPS-enable flight (as we all know). Remember how awesome all the Solo promo vids were before it was released? ;)

Without reliable and consistent ability to achieve very basic GPS flight stability, it will let down a lot of people. Let's hope GoPro nails it...because the way their company is doing lately, they won't be far behind 3DR if the Karma doesn't meet expectations.
Sorry, I'm confused. You clearly don't know how to read so let me help you out.
"You're assuming it actually works as advertised"

I spoke about it's size and portability, the built in LCD and that it comes with a detachable stabilizer. I also mentioned the price point. These are all factual, unmeasurable features that are attractive to a buyer and have nothing to do with performance of the Karma...

I then stated " Let's see how range, gps, and battery life are."
Which means I have no opinion on the matter because there is no info as of right now. This implies that I'll be waiting to make my purchase pending these three factors are all sufficient for my needs.

You guys really need to find better use of your time, instead of trolling around the internet being negative Nancy's... and learn how to read a post properly before getting all butthurt.

Which means I have no opinion on the matter because there is no info as of right now. This implies that I'll be waiting to make my purchase pending these three factors are all sufficient for my needs.

You guys really need to find better use of your time, instead of trolling around the internet being negative Nancy's... and learn how to read a post properly before getting all butthurt.

Let me remind you that the title of your thread is "By to my solo. Getting karma"....which seems to pretty clearly state that you've already made up your mind.

Maybe you should craft your posts a little better, so YOU don't get all butthurt when people point out how idiotic they sound. :)

It will be interesting to see how they incorporate the differences between controlling the H4 with hero bus vs H5 without. I suspect they are using wifi or bluetooth for the camera control communication interface.

I love how you fanboys are all doubting the Karma when the Solo lacked performance in all three. Range/Battery/GPS and required mods....yet you still bought it.

For the record, I still say "goodbye" to my Solo and GoPro before every flight. I will be the first in line for Karma if it actually performs the way it's advertised.

I actually have the Peu kit. Waiting on a support reply since the filter fell out during flight on my first test

Every kid/adult? No. Just the responsible ones and ones who want to be legal. The rest will eventually get caught and excessively fined. It's a lot easier to track down a commercial company doing works than an individual.

Reactions: EyeWingsuit
you know when everyone said, what else can pull of smartshots if one were to leave Solo platform? It looks like Karma can fit that bill. Fingers crossed the shots are smooth and there's a way to get MPCC.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela