By to my Solo. Getting KARMA

Yeah, all DJi has to do is watch the news. Notice how you don't have massive leaks on their end with everybody knowing what they're up to with future products. That's pretty wise in such a competitive field. The Chinese typically play with their cards to their chest and American companies seem to like to lay them on the table so everyone can see. Why give your competition the heads up? Shut your mouths and release it when it's ready and surprise the world.

DJI obviously had Mavic long in development before Karma announcement...they just know when to strike (leaked a bit on Karma's announcement day...then launching before Karma his the shelf) and so far it seems to be working extremely well.

It's not just that DJI was poised perfectly to strike that can potentially ruin Kamas success, but also that Mavic seems to be - according to available information - a demonstrably superior drone.

Yeah. I was looking at a video online and apparently DJI hiring system is a bit different. Wvery year they sponsor a huge robot wars tournament and the winner gets hired by DJI. On top of that the robots in battle must be completely autonomous.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I think the karma will sell quite well to the audience it was made for, which is the action sports crowd. I don't think it will outperform solo as solo was built to be more of a cinematographic drone. Don't forget solo also only had 2 point cable cam when it came out and didn't have all of the smart shots it does now. They expanded it's capabilities a lot during the 1.5 years. They could always improve karma over time as well via software updates, and gopro is pretty good about updates for their cameras so I think it's reasonable to assume the will do so with this new quad, which greatly expands their business model from that of just action-cam.

But the key to understanding what it's capable is still unknown and that is what kind of processing power it has/companion computer. A PX4 by itself doesn't mean that much. It's what's going to drive and send commands to that PX4 that matters more in terms of what it's capable of in terms of processing. It's not hard to fly straight from x1,y1,z1 to x2,y2,z2 (2 single points in 3D space) and doesn't really take any calculations to do so. It's a lot harder to calculate a curve going between those 2 points as you're potentially creating hundreds or thousands of intermediate x,y,z coordinates depending on how far apart those 2 points are for it to fly through each to make the curve in real time, or close to it. Then throw in speed and time control calculations. Then throw in automatic gimbal control and other precision, smoothed calculations based on time. There is a heck of a lot of math going on to do things gracefully.

Can be seen very few people understand what kind of apparatus, in itself, this wonderful and unique SOLO. Although Word or Exel people in my country have not yet realized that it is capable of not only typing letters or numbers.

Curved path is just a simple cubic spline calculation, there is no magic about it.

With curved path, user may accidentally steer the quad into obstacles if the curvature is not considered in the flight planning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc