Transmission OK, but GoPro File Image NOK when in Solo

Reaction score
Hi Guys. Need someone to help me with that. I did not find any information regarding same problem in this forum. Thanks for all support.

GoPro Hero 3+ is filming OK when is not mounted on Solo Gimbal. Transmission is OK and very good when flying.
Image generated from MP4 file is with 90% interference, noise and very bad resolution, looking like an NIR image with noise. Just a line in the top of the screen, changing from 10% to 20%, is clear and good when watching it on PC, tablet or Smartphone.
Already tested: Gimbal conectors, card, drone (reset and update), drone with another GoPro Hero 3+.
Hope you guys can help me. Trying to buy a Hero 4 Black soon, but I really think GoPro is not the problem once is recording very good images when is not on Solo.

Regards.

Does it look like this....Video stream issue... ...then read on.

Or this...Problem with new gimbal - video scrolling

Thank you for your help, I read both, but I believe It is some different issue once I have no problems whit the image on my tablet or smartphone when flying. During the whole flight image is perfect! MP4 file is also working perfect on my computer If I use the Gopro out of the bird. The problem appears only in the file .mp4 generated with the Gopro connected to the bird.

I don't understand. How are you getting your feed from the GP when connected to the bird? Another HDMI cable?
I'm confused but I'm thinking if the video on the SD card is bad, it must be a problem with the GoPro, no?

I actually had that problem yesterday. Video looked fine through solo app then when I took it off of the SD card it was all messed up.

Reactions: RENATO TOME
I'm not sure how Solo could interfere with the GoPro recording but apparently it's possible? :(
Yes, that is the big problem. If I am using the gopro in the field (not in the drone) It works good. When using installed on the drone the transmission is Ok but the image is terrible with all interferences I told... transmission is always good. I really do not know how and why the interference is happening. I understand that record a file is a Gopro process, If It is working without the drone must be work in the drone... but that is not what is happening. I test with two different GoPro 3+Black and issue still there. I will test tomorrow with a Hero4.

Just reaching for an answer based on what you said, could be the micro-SD card is too slow to record properly. I'm stumped otherwise.

Just reaching for an answer based on what you said, could be the micro-SD card is too slow to record properly. I'm stumped otherwise.

Yesterday was the first time it happened. I'm using a SanDisk Extreme Pro which is U3 Class 10 so I don't think that's the problem. I didn't have my other cards with me yesterday but I'll try at some point later. Wish I knew what the problem was. :/

lots of things could have corrupted the file
Do you format your cards in gopro only?

I would replace that card, even the best ones go bad

I had a Sandisk U3 pop on me, but not like y'all are describing, just failed. SanDisk does have a liberal warranty policy. Just in case it turns out to be the disk...

It still works in my gopros and I haven't had time to retest but I'll keep you posted.

lots of things could have corrupted the file
Do you format your cards in gopro only?

I would replace that card, even the best ones go bad

I formatted it on my computer but I didn't have time today to test.

dont know if it is still relevant
but back in the Gopro 3 mess, I learned the hard way
dedicate cards to gopro, and only delete or format the card from the camera never from a computer

I don't understand. How are you getting your feed from the GP when connected to the bird? Another HDMI cable?
I tested with two different SD Card (both are Scandisk Extreme 32Gb). Both are functional and working properly when using in other cameras or in the same GoPro (not conected to the Gimbal and Drone).
Waiting to test with the Hero 4 Black I will get today or tomorrow.

I just finish the test with the Hero 4 Black and everything is working perfect.
Tested again with the 02 different Hero 3+ the bad result has returned.
For me looks like some kind of incompatibility with the Hero 3+. (just don't know why It was working before...).

I had the same thing yesterday, I'm using a hero 3. Worked absolutely fine on Friday and then wake up, put the drone in the air Saturday and get the file error. I don't have the option of a hero 4 to try.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc