Reaction score
Hello everybody!

I am quite new to this forum so excuse me if I am replicating another thread.

I am using my Solo, along with its gimbal and a PeauPro60 to take photos each 0,5 seconds (or less, I use the distance trigger command from MP). The camera is configured in single photo mode, and it's got a SanDisk Extreme SD.

When I fly a plan with Mission Planner, I get a "status 1" in the shotlog, which I assumed it means error (the number of messages within the log with "status 0" matches the number of photos actually taken). The log is also attached:

Aug 25 15:26:42 3dr_solo local2.info shot: [gopro]: handleRecordCommand called with mode 1, command 1
Aug 25 15:26:42 3dr_solo local2.info shot: [gopro]: Sending command to take a still/burst/multishot
Aug 25 15:26:42 3dr_solo local2.info shot: [gopro]: Got Gopro set response for command 2 with status 1
Aug 25 15:26:42 3dr_solo local2.info shot: [gopro]: sending Gopro state to app
Aug 25 15:26:42 3dr_solo local2.info shot: [gopro]: handleRecordCommand called with mode 1, command 1
Aug 25 15:26:42 3dr_solo local2.info shot: [gopro]: Sending command to take a still/burst/multishot
Aug 25 15:26:43 3dr_solo local2.info shot: [gopro]: handleRecordCommand called with mode 1, command 1
Aug 25 15:26:43 3dr_solo local2.info shot: [gopro]: Sending command to take a still/burst/multishot
Aug 25 15:26:43 3dr_solo local2.info shot: [gopro]: Got Gopro set response for command 2 with status 0
Aug 25 15:26:43 3dr_solo local2.info shot: [gopro]: sending message from the queue. Size is now 0
Aug 25 15:26:43 3dr_solo local2.info shot: [gopro]: Got Gopro set response for command 2 with status 1
Aug 25 15:26:43 3dr_solo local2.info shot: [gopro]: sending Gopro state to app

The problem is that I can´t take the number of photos I wish and I can´t georef them with MP and CAM messages. My guess is that the camera is taking a long time to take the photo in single mode, being busy when the next photo trigger arrives.

Does anybody have the same problem??

Thanks!

Mario

Attachments

• shotlog.004.txt
    47.3 KB · Views: 1
What's your interval for shots? Looks like you may be trying to shoot too fast.
EDIT: Re reading your post yes. WAY too fast. 1/2 second interval is not doable. try 3 seconds or more.

Last edited:
Hello Perry, thanks for the answer

But how is it possible when in time lapse or burst mode the camera is way capable of taking photos even at a faster rate?

Is there any way to make it work with 1/2 intervals?

my guess is that burst mode is executing code closer to the core
when you are dealing with commands comeing from outside the camera there is a processing penalty

Would reducing the pictures res help

Yes, agree with @pyrate - you are using the distance trigger in MP. So, there is a LOT going on communications wise as your log indicates:
1. Initiate photo (distance reached)
2. Command to take photo
3. Get a response from GoPro
4. Check GoPro state
Repeat

I'm no engineer but I believe that all that poking at the GP back and forth is slowing things down. Not sure what your application is but most folks do a site survey at around 3 seconds with 75% overlap (or thereabouts). Try a higher altitude, and/or fly slower.

Thanks guys! much appreciated

I am doing corridor mapping and the recomended specs are 85% front overlap. I flew higher but the results were not too good...even with a lower image resolution I have the same trouble.

Yeah the GP poking might be the problem, however, MP does only offer Digicam_control to execute a single photo, would that be lighter? maybe a different ground control sw?

Yes, I did that test and it worked ok, taking all the photos. Actually if I use Pix4d capture, for example, it takes most of the photos..
It is definetely the time the camera takes to recover, comms & pollings looks like a sensible reason...

I was hoping to find a faster way to do the survey

cheers guys

Reactions: Perry Lawrence

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc