OpenSolo 4, compas calibration error

It is like a lottery with solo 4.0.1. I updated 2 birds and only one worked ok. I ended up replacing the gps and compass with a gps unit that has the compass built in as described above. It solved the issues and the units get much more satellites.

Reactions: MrBBey
It is like a lottery with solo 4.0.1. I updated 2 birds and only one worked ok. I ended up replacing the gps and compass with a gps unit that has the compass built in as described above. It solved the issues and the units get much more satellites.
So you had a hardware problem that has nothing at all to do with Open Solo or ArduCopter...

Sounds more like your hardware wasn't working right and the old version was just not noticing it. Updating firmware does not cause hardware to fail.

That’s an interesting point. Does OS4 and/or Arducopter4.0.1 have narrower tolerances than the previous versions of each?

Same here upgraded my solo to 4.0.1 and now the compass will not calibrate. It has to be a parameter setting. Anyone have any luck ?

Don’t know what to tell you. Same thing happened to me. I circled the quad shoulder level and then same thing but nose down. Waited for the red bar to fill up but never told me it was complete or to reboot.

Did you get it to work?

Hello, Juan and Pedals
I have the same GPS + Magnetometer and I can't get Pixhalk to identify it.... I tried connecting to the i2c 1 bus and i2c 2 bus, checked the SDA and SCK a million times and it just does not show up... I have the latest version of arducopter 4.2.3 and still nothing... Did you change any pull up resistors? Did you do anything to identify the compass??
Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc