New Tower v. 4.0.0-Final Release

In 4.0.0, you can no longer place waypoints over top of either other waypoints or the home location.

This should be fixed so that it works like the current version of Tower.

Sorry guys I am sure it has been asked before but I cannot find an answer...
On google store there are 2 apps: Tower and Tower Beta. What is the difference?
Thanks

...On google store there are 2 apps: Tower and Tower Beta. What is the difference?
Thanks
The 'Changelog' of all the changes between the old app and new beta is in post #1 of this thread. It is also listed in the Google Play Store. Other info contributed by forum members is also within this thread - please read the thread!

Reactions: Mountain Flyer
I read all this but what I wanted to know is if the Beta version replaces the normal one or if I need to keep both installed.
Thanks!
Betaware never replaces a final release version under any circumstances - unless you want it to. They may peacefully coexist on a single device.

Reactions: Nick F
I dunno
Mission Planner official is old as heck isnt it?
but the developer is still making changes and the only way I have found to get them is download the beta

I dunno
Mission Planner official is old as heck isnt it?
but the developer is still making changes and the only way I have found to get them is download the beta
...and Tower Beta 3.2.1 is the only Tower that would work on my phone reliably. As I said... you could let beta replace a release versions - if you want it to. Just be prepared with the potential unknowns and shortcomings that so often accompany betaware.

If people are of the betaware mindset, and realize what betaware is about, then that's informed consent. By all means download and use the stuff and share your findings. Just don't come whining when your bird flies away - though I don't expect that with Tower Beta. :eek:

Mission Planner wants to download build updates every time I open it. Don't know if that's good, or scary... but the only thing I use MP for is playing back and analyzing tlogs. I'm not exactly an MP power-user.

If my missions were 'mission-critical', I may have to think twice about any betaware.

I read all this but what I wanted to know is if the Beta version replaces the normal one or if I need to keep both installed.
Thanks!

i got rid of 'tower' and 3dr services and only use 'tower beta' because tower beta doesn't depend on 3dr services anymore. it is currently on beta 4 and will be 'released' soon. i don't have any issues flying with it but just know that it is beta and can contain bugs.

Last edited:
wouldnt the final version 4 be the production version of beta 4?
Maybe... but they are billed as two distinct versions; (Final) v 4.0.0 and v 4.0.0 - beta 9.

There are those who don't like the idea of using betaware. And, I will remind our alert readers that the final beta version of 3.2.1 was reliable on my S5, and the Final Release version 3.2.1 was not.

does the new final require services?
The Changelog hasn't changed, so no. Waiting for you to fly It! ;)

ETA: That is, the Changelog hasn't changed since beta 4, so no.

Last edited:
The change log wasn't updated for some time since beta4.
I flew Tower beta8 with Solo 2.4.1-3 and with my AC 3.4-RC5 Pixhawk drone both w/o any issues.
Good to hear that Tower 4.0 is released now.

I am trying to upload Peau 3.97 camera profile into Tower Beta 4.0. Looking for tips for proper upload for this profile. Instructions from Peau Productions are old and direct me to 3DR services. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

I am trying to upload Peau 3.97 camera profile into Tower Beta 4.0. Looking for tips for proper upload for this profile. Instructions from Peau Productions are old and direct me to 3DR services. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

You need to make sure the xml file is placed in the right folder. Here's what I ended up with for my Peau 8.2 that worked for me:

From Peau support:
You need to create the 3DRServices folder at the same level as the Tower folder, thus both in the sdcard0 folder.
/storage/sdcard0/3DRServices/CameraInfo/PeauHero4_8.2.xml

You need to make sure the xml file is placed in the right folder. Here's what I ended up with for my Peau 8.2 that worked for me:

From Peau support:
You need to create the 3DRServices folder at the same level as the Tower folder, thus both in the sdcard0 folder.
/storage/sdcard0/3DRServices/CameraInfo/PeauHero4_8.2.xml

Tim, Thanks for the reply. Are you running Tower Beta? I think the production release Tower still uses 3DR Services, and Tower Beta does not. On this point I am confused to put the xml file in a folder path for 3DR Services. Please let me know if this instruction also works for Tower Beta version. Thanks

Tower Version 4.0.0 changelog as posted in post #1 of this thread: (same w/ beta)
- Remove dependency on 3DR Services
- Support for Baidu map
- Compass calibration support for Solo and ArduCopter v3.4 or higher
- Restore vehicle history screen
- Ability to export the vehicle flight path as a mission
- Deprecate '.dpwp' mission file for '.txt' mission file to improve compatibility with other GCS
- Autosave last survey preferences
- Fix invalid altitude frame for Follow-Me and Guided mode
- Fix Takeoff mission waypoint for plane vehicles

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc