New Tower Version.. Solo Live Feed

I downloaded the file to my TabS 8.4, then I clicked on the file and it asked me if I wanted to extract Tower-Tower 3v3.2.0.1 and I said "ok" but the tower app does not update, it still shows the old one, what else I have to do for the new one to show?

thank You

Nobody here to help me with this please?

Thank You

I downloaded the file to my TabS 8.4, then I clicked on the file and it asked me if I wanted to extract Tower-Tower 3v3.2.0.1 and I said "ok" but the tower app does not update, it still shows the old one, what else I have to do for the new one to show?

thank You

Nobody here to help me with this please?

Thank You
It sounds like the file you got was compressed and all you did was de-compress it. You will then have to go into your file manager and select the file. It will then ask you if you want to install it.

Thank You. I did go into the file but did not find anything that would ask me to install it. I am still looking but can't find anything.

It sounds like the file you got was compressed and all you did was de-compress it. You will then have to go into your file manager and select the file. It will then ask you if you want to install it.

Thank You. I did go into the file but did not find anything that would ask me to install it. I am still looking but can't find anything.
File will end in .APK and should be in your download folder of the tablet.

I am going nuts and can't find any file that ends in .APK. can't find the way to install this new tower app. I am new to Android devices.

File will end in .APK and should be in your download folder of the tablet.

I am going nuts and can't find any file that ends in .APK. can't find the way to install this new tower app. I am new to Android devices.
I installed it via my Mac and Google Drive. You can also use dropbox or One Drive, all are free.
First, You will have to enable side loading of apps in the settings menu on the android device. I'm new to android as well. I believe this particular setting is in the (Security) section of settings.
1. I downloaded the app using my Mac computer to a Google Drive folder. 2. I then installed Google drive onto my Nexus 7 Pad.
3. I navigated to the same google drive folder on the nexus 7 that I downloaded the app to on my Mac.
4. I then clicked on the Tower app file and installed it on the Nexus 7 via google drive.

I hope this helps.

thank you very much for your help. I will try this.

if I can't, hoefully the new updated version of Tower should be available in Google play soon.

I installed it via my Mac and Google Drive. You can also use dropbox or One Drive, all are free.
First, You will have to enable side loading of apps in the settings menu on the android device. I'm new to android as well. I believe this particular setting is in the (Security) section of settings.
1. I downloaded the app using my Mac computer to a Google Drive folder. 2. I then installed Google drive onto my Nexus 7 Pad.
3. I navigated to the same google drive folder on the nexus 7 that I downloaded the app to on my Mac.
4. I then clicked on the Tower app file and installed it on the Nexus 7 via google drive.

I hope this helps.

The zip file doesn't have it in it. I have been looking for the .APK file for hours.

Yes, I think the zip file does not has it and I can't find it in google play, any ay to get this last versión of tower?

thank You

Has anyone had luck getting Tower to display the live video feed? I tried the other day, and had no luck at all. I tried several times.

Has anyone had luck getting Tower to display the live video feed? I tried the other day, and had no luck at all.
Yes, I use it all the time. Used Tower and the structure scanner mode to film a property. Watched the live view with the owner as it flew.

Ok I have Tower versino 3.2.0 beta 3 and 3DR services 1.4.0

I killed all my apps, rebooted my tablet.

Powered on my GoPro
Powered on my Solo
Powered on my Controller
Linked my tablet to the SoloLink WiFi
Launched Tower
Connected to Solo (Tower was previously set to UDP).

What do I need to do to see the Video feed? Or does it not show up until I start to Fly?

I know my video feed works because if I start the Solo app after I exit Tower, my video feed starts right away.

Last edited:
Ok I have Tower versino 3.2.0 beta 3 and 3DR services 1.4.0

I killed all my apps, rebooted my tablet.

Powered on my GoPro
Powered on my Solo
Powered on my Controller
Linked my tablet to the SoloLink WiFi
Launched Tower
Connected to Solo (Tower was previously set to UDP).

What do I need to do to see the Video feed? Or does it not show up until I start to Fly?

I know my video feed works because if I start the Solo app after I exit Tower, my video feed starts right away.
Developers added a checkbox that needs to be enabled in Tower Settings.

Settings/User Interface/Widgets Preferences/Solo Video

Let me know if that does it for you.

I went into that page and registered for beta tester, I receive a message saying the new tower was going to be send and it could take hours, now what? is that all I have to do? how is the V2 going to get to me? Sorry, I am a new android user and feel very dumb here, have no clue what's going on and can't get the damm beta V2 tower.

Is this the link you downloaded from?

DroidPlanner 2 Beta - Community - Google+

I went into that page and registered for beta tester, I receive a message saying the new tower was going to be send and it could take hours, now what? is that all I have to do? how is the V2 going to get to me? Sorry, I am a new android user and feel very dumb here, have no clue what's going on and can't get the damm beta V2 tower.
It should show up as an update to Tower in google play store. If you kill your apps then reopen google play it will probably be there.

Last edited:
guys I finally found where to download it and it works, just did it and went into settings and activated the solo video option like KRVer stated above.

go here Tags · DroidPlanner/Tower · GitHub and click on the download word of the first file, the one that says 23 days ago, then go to the bottom of the page and click the file that says 6.09MB (third file) and that's it, you will have the new version in a few seconds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso