New Tower Version.. Solo Live Feed

I have the APKs for the new Tower and 3DR services if anyone needs to side load them on their tablet. Just send me a PM with your email.
I played around a little with the beta and really like the live feed. I have not had a chance to get it out and put it to the test but I did notice if I have the video feed at full screen it flickers. In map mode with the small inset video screen I see no flicker. This may just be my Tablet.

Is there a setting you have to change to enable the live video feed?... Or do you have to have the solo app on the device as well?

My tablet supports the tower app but not the solo app.

Reactions: Scharper40
Is there a setting you have to change to enable the live video feed?... Or do you have to have the solo app on the device as well?

My tablet supports the tower app but not the solo app.
No, it is an independent app. If your live feed is working, it will show up in the small window on the right.

No, it is an independent app. If your live feed is working, it will show up in the small window on the right.
I'm not sure my altitude is right in Tower. I did a mission which I had set at 125' and just watching, it sure looked like it was under 100'. I notice there is an altitude offset parameter that can be changed.
It may just be me because when I normally fly manually I am at 200' or higher. Really like the video feed in the app though.

I'm not sure my altitude is right in Tower. I did a mission which I had set at 125' and just watching, it sure looked like it was under 100'. I notice there is an altitude offset parameter that can be changed.
It may just be me because when I normally fly manually I am at 200' or higher. Really like the video feed in the app though.
Hey Ray,
Yeah, I like that feed too. Unless i'm going to do a smart shot, I have been mostly using Tower. If you change a parameter in Tower, it will effect both apps. Kind of like changing the RTH height. Tower is getting the telemetry from Solo same as the Solo app. I haven't noticed a discrepancy between them. If you note an altitude at a given time, it should be the same in the logs I would imagine. Also, have you switched between the apps as you are flying and see if there is a difference?

Hey Ray,
Yeah, I like that feed too. Unless i'm going to do a smart shot, I have been mostly using Tower. If you change a parameter in Tower, it will effect both apps. Kind of like changing the RTH height. Tower is getting the telemetry from Solo same as the Solo app. I haven't noticed a discrepancy between them. If you note an altitude at a given time, it should be the same in the logs I would imagine. Also, have you switched between the apps as you are flying and see if there is a difference?
No I haven't switched apps. I flew the mission with Tower then landed. I shut down and restarted with the Solo app and had all the telemetry conversations from tower, battery level, RSSI, etc.

I also noticed in the Solo app the wifi strength is reported in dBm rather than RSSI. When reporting the RSSI from Tower it was saying RSSI is 0.
That was different. I need to figure out the numbers, they were pretty high.

Have you tryed mission planner and how good is it for the solo ? Thanks
MP works fine with the Solo. Not as intuitive a layout as Tower, but doesn't take long to learn it. Haven't seen the Mac version, but assume it is similar.

MP works fine with the Solo. Not as intuitive a layout as Tower, but doesn't take long to learn it. Haven't seen the Mac version, but assume it is similar.
You really seem to be smart and helpful thanks man i appreciated your help and see how you help others thats wassup greetings from nyc buddy thanks again

Can't connect to tower... Error message "connection failed:bind failed: EADDRINUSE (address already in use)"

Any ideas?

I played around a little with the beta and really like the live feed. I have not had a chance to get it out and put it to the test but I did notice if I have the video feed at full screen it flickers. In map mode with the small inset video screen I see no flicker. This may just be my Tablet.

With Tower-v3.2.0.beta.1, I do not get the video feed in Tower IF the Solo App is open. I've flown several times now with JUST the Tower beta open and hope that the ability to see all the "Stats" on the live feed screen is added (like it is on most of the other Tower screens) when you are connected to Solo.

Can't connect to tower... Error message "connection failed:bind failed: EADDRINUSE (address already in use)"

Any ideas?
Completely power off the Android device and power it back on. Re launch Tower/3Dr services. If that doesn't work try again. Then post back here if still not working.

Be very careful loading missions created in MP into Tower. It might cause problems.

In other words if you upload a mission from MP to the Solo, don't download that mission from the Solo to Tower.

Not sure how long that process takes, but just using the direct DL works well. You will also need to update 3DR services. I briefly tried the live view and it seems to work well. There is a very small view window on the right side, tapping on it will cover about 1/2 the screen with the map using the other. Very nice..
I down loaded tower, it tell me I need to update 3dr services, I download services install it try to launch tower and keep getting told I need to update services. I'm now in endless loop. Anyone else getting this? I'm on a Samsung S ANDRIOD. thanks

I down loaded tower, it tell me I need to update 3dr services, I download services install it try to launch tower and keep getting told I need to update services. I'm now in endless loop. Anyone else getting this? I'm on a Samsung S ANDRIOD. thanks
The 3dr Services you are loading is not the one needed for the Beta Tower. Send me a PM with your email and I will send it to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso