New Tower v. 4.0.0-Final Release

I am trying to upload Peau 3.97 camera profile into Tower Beta 4.0. Looking for tips for proper upload for this profile. Instructions from Peau Productions are old and direct me to 3DR services. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

By now (June 2017), you and others have probably found a way to add the camera profile for a GoPro Hero 4 Black with the Peau 3.97mm lens upgrade. For anyone reading this thread, I found that it is better to follow the instructions on this MAPIR webpage (rather than what is on this Peau webpage). Here's an edited version with other tips:

To add the profile for a GoPro Hero 4 Black with 3.97mm lens:
1) Install 'ASTRO' file manager to find and manipulate files on your Android tablet, and make it easier to do the following steps.
2) Use ASTRO to browse to the main internal storage of your Android device. It should be labeled as "Internal storage". (Some devices will have a "0" folder or some may call it "sdcard".) At this main internal storage file level you will find other folders titled "Android", "DCIM", etcetera.
3) Just under 'Internal storage', create a new folder titled exactly "3DRServices", so the path becomes: Internal storage/3DRServices (or /0/3DRServices/ or /sdcard/3DRServices/). If the folder doesn't show up after you create it, refresh the app and/or close it and reopen it.
4) Inside the 3DRServices folder, create a new folder titled exactly "CameraInfo", so the path becomes: Internal storage/3DRServices/CameraInfo (or /0/3DRServices/CameraInfo/ or /sdcard/3DRServices/CameraInfo/).
5) Download the .xml file from this address: http://docs.peauproductions.com/camera_profiles/tower/GoPro_Hero_3.97mm_12MP.xml
6) Move that XML into the CameraInfo folder. (Long press on the file and select "Move" then browse to the CameraInfo folder and press "Paste".)
7) Restart Tower.
8) When you create a Survey in Tower, there should be an option to choose the GoPro Hero 4 Black with 3.97mm lens.

You may also have success with the following method, although with some additional steps:
1) Use a USB cable to connect your Android tablet to a PC.
2) Swipe down from the top of your tablet to reveal "USB for charging". Tap and change to the "File transfers" option.
3) Now you can use Windows File Explorer (I have Win10) to work with the folders and files on your PC and your tablet.
4) For example, open File Explorer on your PC and scroll down to see the item for your Android tablet (in my case a Nexus 7). From there you can browse and work with the folder hierarchy on your tablet, just like you can with the folder hierarchy on your PC.
5) Download the referenced XML file from the Peau webpage. Move (drag, or copy and paste) the XML file into the "CameraInfo" folder on your tablet.

Reactions: andrew.baker.142
Export flight path as a mission. Dammmmnnnn I like the sound of that! And I love that it dumps the need for 3DR Services. Now I can uninstall that crApp for good. I know what I'm playing with this weekend!
I exported my mission for the BCCRC airfield.. load it up and check it out. Just don't attempt to fly there from your home location LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986