New Tower Version.. Solo Live Feed

Developers added a checkbox that needs to be enabled in Tower Settings.

Settings/User Interface/Widgets Preferences/Solo Video

Let me know if that does it for you.

I didn't know about this option, thanks! I'll try it and I'm sure it will help as it was turned off by default. Turning it on it now see a blank video screen when not connected so I'm sure it will work.

The EKF info window also looks like it can give some useful info on gps type data.

Oh I also noticed that after using tower that my controller slipped back into metric display mode, so users of Tower may want to keep an eye on this, it's easy to fix in the Solo app.

Last edited:
guys I finally found where to download it and it works, just did it and went into settings and activated the solo video option like KRVer stated above.

go here Tags · DroidPlanner/Tower · GitHub and click on the download word of the first file, the one that says 23 days ago, then go to the bottom of the page and click the file that says 6.09MB (third file) and that's it, you will have the new version in a few seconds.
Way to go JLJ, I was looking all over for that. I had beta 1 installed but couldn't find the latest beta until now. Thanks.

Is this the link you downloaded from?

DroidPlanner 2 Beta - Community - Google+
Hey Raybro,
Is there a way to get full screen video in Tower? As you kniow I love Tower, but need video to frame shots, and the almost half screen video is a tad small. I have been flipping back and forth between Tower and Solo, and that works pretty good, but if i could save a tap or two and do that within Tower, it would be better. Any way to flip flop between full screen video and map mode?

Glad it helped. I was going nuts as well trying to find where to download.

Way to go JLJ, I was looking all over for that. I had beta 1 installed but couldn't find the latest beta until now. Thanks.

Hey Raybro,
Is there a way to get full screen video in Tower? As you kniow I love Tower, but need video to frame shots, and the almost half screen video is a tad small. I have been flipping back and forth between Tower and Solo, and that works pretty good, but if i could save a tap or two and do that within Tower, it would be better. Any way to flip flop between full screen video and map mode?
I don't think so. I've been using my Black Pearl monitor and HDMI out on the controller.

someting I noticed, while on tower, if you run your fingers up and down the live video feed screen like moving the touch screen of a tablet, the gimbal will also move up and down, this is pretty awesome.

Reactions: RichWest
someting I noticed, while on tower, if you run your fingers up and down the live video feed screen like moving the touch screen of a tablet, the gimbal will also move up and down, this is pretty awesome.
Yahhh I noticed that today...

I don't think so. I've been using my Black Pearl monitor and HDMI out on the controller.
I have one that is battery operated and goes on a tripod, but it seems a bit much for what i want to do. I'll just use Tower,,,

Also while you are rth'ing poke the same feed on the sides and it "peeks around"

Latest beta introduces dynamic home point..
While in the Tower home screen (not edit) tap the home icon at the top of the page. That will show a choice of Return To Launch or Return To Me. When selected it will initiate the return and the home icon will change to a upper torso. Pretty cool. Looks like we now have that dynamic home point!

Reactions: Raybro and Nisouck
You know.... I was testing follow me out a car window on top of a windy hill road (few trees). Aside from accidentally not recording in tower when I thought I was, I hit look at me at some point and it stopped following the car in hover. (Wtf) Had the driver hit the breaks so i didn't trigger a rth. Dynamic home point is perfect for car follow me, so long as you are ready to take control I guess.

If you are used to flying to height before hitting follow me, I guess dynamic home might be same height? Sounds like some testing is in order. Be great for boat shots

You know.... I was testing follow me out a car window on top of a windy hill road (few trees). Aside from accidentally not recording in tower when I thought I was, I hit look at me at some point and it stopped following the car in hover. (Wtf) Had the driver hit the breaks so i didn't trigger a rth. Dynamic home point is perfect for car follow me, so long as you are ready to take control I guess.

If you are used to flying to height before hitting follow me, I guess dynamic home might be same height? Sounds like some testing is in order. Be great for boat shots
I would assume that the return height is the same regardless of where it goes, as I did not see any additions in the parameters for separate heights based on modes. I was scanning through them earlier for something like that.

You know.... I was testing follow me out a car window on top of a windy hill road (few trees). Aside from accidentally not recording in tower when I thought I was, I hit look at me at some point and it stopped following the car in hover. (Wtf)

I personally have done very little time flying with follow me but the Look At Me behavior you noted is as designed. The idea is that the bird will hover but stay pointed at you. Think of a follow me shot as you travel down the road and then at the appropriate spot the camera comes to rest but continues to watch you as you travel off into the sunset... roll credits...

guys I finally found where to download it and it works, just did it and went into settings and activated the solo video option like KRVer stated above.

go here Tags · DroidPlanner/Tower · GitHub and click on the download word of the first file, the one that says 23 days ago, then go to the bottom of the page and click the file that says 6.09MB (third file) and that's it, you will have the new version in a few seconds.

So simple, but so hidden. Thanks much for the instructions.

While in the Tower home screen (not edit) tap the home icon at the top of the page. That will show a choice of Return To Launch or Return To Me. When selected it will initiate the return and the home icon will change to a upper torso. Pretty cool. Looks like we now have that dynamic home point!
Awesome. The dynamic home point will be very useful.

the return to me would be a good option if i launch from a boat that is moving, right?
Thank You for the info

the return to me would be a good option if i launch from a boat that is moving, right?
Thank You for the info
Your takeoff may have to be in manual mode but then once you're in the air you can set a home point....say a GPS coordinate where you are navigating to.

Thank You for the info
Yes, I believe that was one of the incentives behind this feature. As long as you have contact with the Solo and are using a tablet with GPS, then the Solo will return to your location. But unless it is a good size boat, you are probably going to have to catch it and kill the motors manually.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso