New Tower v. 4.0.0-Final Release

Buggen this is like anything else, there are people new to it, and folks that have been around a while
those who have been around a while get to know the personalities of the others in the group, we are all a bit quirky here and in the good way,
just ease in and don't get all bunched up
it can get overwhelming if you try and understand it all instantly
learn at your level, and ease in.
the folks on here are generally good people just having fun.
I have to admit the "hobbyist" make me a bit crazy sometimes
they don't seem to really know what they are trying to get out of it all.
I knew coming in what my goal was. to get a new tool in my kit for taking and making compelling video. So a lot f things like distance flying and such don't interest me at all.
Cant tell you if this is a hobby for you. It takes a lot of work to get it all figured out.
Its expensive
Its aggravating sometimes
can be addictive

My general rule is, when it stops being fun don't do it

Reactions: Zee Three and SARDG
I’ve looked for this in the Apple app store, and there’s nothing. Does an iOS version of this program exist?

Thanks Pyrate. I appreciate the understanding for us new guys. As I stated before, YOU answered the question I originally asked which was all I was looking for. I should have done more research on the Tower app off site before coming back in here but I didn't think it was that touchy of a subject. Some people have to belittle others in order to make themselves feel worthwhile. She's probably a good person I just don't have much patience for cocky people that don't know me. Thanks for bringing it into perspective for me. That's what this site is for. The pros should start their own private site to massage each others egos and leave the open sites to people like us. Thanks again man.

well that's a little terse don't you think?
was trying to throw you a bone man, no ego here and I don't think SAR has one,
Its the internet, maybe forums are not your thing

Reactions: SARDG
Qground control is an airport operations simulation game, and imavlink/lmavlink, and mavlink alone don’t exist in the app store

well that's a little terse don't you think?
was trying to throw you a bone man, no ego here and I don't think SAR has one,
Its the internet, maybe forums are not your thing

I wasn't saying you had an ego I was referring to sardg. I appreciate you being helpful. That's what I was saying. Sorry for the confusion. No harm intended.

Sorry for the mayhem folks! I was just asking a question.

Moving on now.

For the record, and to whom it may concern, I am not a pro dronist or a pilot. At least I don't refer to myself as a pilot, and I will likely never pursue 107. I am a hobbyist ;) that likes a new challenge now and again, and a hobbyist who tries to use common sense and follow best practices for safe operation. My real background is electronics and media production so the Solo offers an extension of both those interests.

It is true that I believe some of our posters have it in their power to search for, and to research info on their own, prior to bringing it to the forum. I once said that probably 95% of all questions that will ever be asked here, have already been asked and answered dozens of times on this forum. An entire encyclopedia of knowledge already exists here, via Google, or even within the Play Store under 'Read More' for each app. Among all those resources, the answer is like Prego... it's in there - for the asking. Only initiative is required to source it - and then the answer or answers are an immediate and diverse knowledgefest - there for the pickin'. :cool:

Reactions: Chuck and Jubalr
For the record, and to whom it may concern, I am not a pro dronist or a pilot. At least I don't refer to myself as a pilot, and I will likely never pursue 107. I am a hobbyist ;) that likes a new challenge now and again, and a hobbyist who tries to use common sense and follow best practices for safe operation. My real background is electronics and media production so the Solo offers an extension of both those interests.

It is true that I believe some of our posters have it in their power to search for, and to research info on their own, prior to bringing it to the forum. I once said that probably 95% of all questions that will ever be asked here, have already been asked and answered dozens of times on this forum. An entire encyclopedia of knowledge already exists here, via Google, or even within the Play Store under 'Read More' for each app. Among all those resources, the answer is like Prego... it's in there - for the asking. Only initiative is required to source it - and then the answer or answers are an immediate and diverse knowledgefest - there for the pickin'. :cool:

I have to agree with my friend Sardg here in researching before asking. 90% of what a new user can asked has been and certainly a lot more than once. I don't post as much as you can see I used to. Been here since the beginning and you can only stand to read the same question so many times; no Video, What Android device works?, Which GoPro works and which GP FW?, What is Tower and Do I need it?, Should I buy Solo? Is 3DR going out of business? etc..etc..

No disrespect, but if people would apply a little effort, we could keep this forum a little fresher. I simply don't jump in anymore and try to answer the same old question that I have personally answered many times. It gets old, but then so am I.

Take Care and Fly Safe..
Jubal

Reactions: SARDG and Chuck
One convenient way to search, is to click on the "new posts" on the top of the page. All kinds of new/old questions, with links to previously asked questions. The only thing that sorta bugs me, is when someone "quotes" a post with pictures, then the pictures, etc. etc. get re-posted into the new reply, taking up all kinds of web space and download time.

I have to agree with my friend Sardg here in researching before asking. 90% of what a new user can asked has been and certainly a lot more than once. I don't post as much as you can see I used to. Been here since the beginning and you can only stand to read the same question so many times; no Video, What Android device works?, Which GoPro works and which GP FW?, What is Tower and Do I need it?, Should I buy Solo? Is 3DR going out of business? etc..etc..

No disrespect, but if people would apply a little effort, we could keep this forum a little fresher. I simply don't jump in anymore and try to answer the same old question that I have personally answered many times. It gets old, but then so am I.

Take Care and Fly Safe..
Jubal
+1 from me. A little effort can go a very long ways.

we need some sort of little button that we could use as a reply that brings back search results that we could just imbed in replies

Reactions: Chuck
How can I get the beta? I don't see it anywhere on 3dr site :/

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc