New Tower v. 4.0.0-Final Release

Reaction score
ETA: * OCT 10, 2016 - Tower Final Release v 4.0.0 now on Google Play.

I had been playing with the old Tower beta v 3.2.1-beta.8 because the regular release version would crash now and again on my S5 Galaxy, but not the old beta.

Tower 4.0.0 -beta.2 was pushed this morning, just a few hours after beta.1

Version 4.0.0 Beta.2 changelog:

- Remove dependency on 3DR Services
- Support for Baidu map
- Compass calibration support for Solo and ArduCopter v3.4 or higher
- Restore vehicle history screen
- Ability to export the vehicle flight path as a mission
- Deprecate '.dpwp' mission file for '.txt' mission file to improve compatibility with other GCS
- Autosave last survey preferences
- Fix invalid altitude frame for Follow-Me and Guided mode
- Fix Takeoff mission waypoint for plane vehicles

If I don't give the link, perhaps I won't be accused of any NDA violations, etc. - though I never signed up for any Tower beta testing - I simply found it on the Play Store a couple of months ago.

Last edited:
Export flight path as a mission. Dammmmnnnn I like the sound of that! And I love that it dumps the need for 3DR Services. Now I can uninstall that crApp for good. I know what I'm playing with this weekend!

Good news!! And great that Tower supports now AC 3.4.

Will be interesting if it works with the latest Solo FW since Solo reverted back to AC 3.2.1 code base. :D

I had been playing with the old Tower beta v 3.2.1-beta.8 because the regular release version would crash now and again on my S5 Galaxy, but not the old beta.

Tower 4.0.0 -beta.2 was pushed this morning, just a few hours after beta.1

Version 4.0.0 Beta.2 changelog:

- Remove dependency on 3DR Services
- Support for Baidu map
- Compass calibration support for Solo and ArduCopter v3.4 or higher
- Restore vehicle history screen
- Ability to export the vehicle flight path as a mission
- Deprecate '.dpwp' mission file for '.txt' mission file to improve compatibility with other GCS
- Autosave last survey preferences
- Fix invalid altitude frame for Follow-Me and Guided mode
- Fix Takeoff mission waypoint for plane vehicles

If I don't give the link, perhaps I won't be accused of any NDA violations, etc. - though I never signed up for any Tower beta testing - I simply found it on the Play Store a couple of months ago.
LOL I love the disclaimer
You old Stuffed Blouse

Reactions: SARDG
Good news!! And great that Tower supports now AC 3.4.

Will be interesting if it works with the latest Solo FW since Solo reverted back to AC 3.2.1 code base. :D

I really hope that gets sorted out. 3.3 and 3.4 have so much amazing stuff that were stuck without for now.

LOL I love the disclaimer
You old Stuffed Blouse
Yeah... no kidding. Have to have disclaimers for beta posts around here - it's a dark and undiscovered place, from whose bourn, no traveler returns, puzzles the will and makes us rather bear those ills we have than fly to others that we know not of. (that was stuffy - apologies to Willy Shakespeare)

So... when you gentlemen currently of this thread, try it out, let us know what you find. As I said before, (old) Beta was the only Tower App that worked reliably on both my devices.

Hopefully, final release is close. Two beta releases for Tower within hours was interesting. Nice to see Fredia is paying attention.

Let me grab my tablet, I will load it up.
Not sure when I will get to fly it, but the bleeding edge never scared me

Reactions: SARDG
I wonder if this fixes the automatic loiter when signal is lost and then regained during a mission? Or is that a problem with the Solo firmware?

v 4.0.0-beta.3 pushed this morning.

Changelog remains the same.

I wonder if this fixes the automatic loiter when signal is lost and then regained during a mission? Or is that a problem with the Solo firmware?

Good news:

That issue is fixed by updating Solo to FW 2.4.1-6, along with the strange camera pointing and yaw.

You can use regular Tower, don't need Beta.

It did that?? Even if you has the parameter on the pixhawk set for continue with mission?? I've sent the solo off on missions without signal and it kept going just fine.

Good news:

That issue is fixed by updating Solo to FW 2.4.1-6, along with the strange camera pointing and yaw.

You can use regular Tower, don't need Beta.
Doesn't 'regular' Tower still require 3DR Services?

Reactions: Bbb
I think he means that the loiter issue was resolved with 2.4.1-6 firmware. The current production version of the Tower app does still require the 3DR Lack of Services app.

I think he means that the loiter issue was resolved with 2.4.1-6 firmware. The current production version of the Tower app does still require the 3DR Lack of Services app.
Right... you may use 'regular' IF you choose to use 3DR Services. Tower 3.2.1 final release ('regular'), crashed on me occasionally, so I couldn't use it reliably anyway. Don't know if that could have been a Services issue, but the old beta used Services and was reliable.

v 4.0.0-Beta.4 pushed today..

Changelog remains the same.

It is now on v 4.0.0-beta.8
Has anyone tried a mission with "lock copter orientation" enabled?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo