So you are flying the ones you got on EBay live?
I got those to go with my others that I had replaced on my own for vibrations with the intent of changing the motors
good to know they are in that good of shape. his rating was high and he went out of his way to be honest about his testing.
At 25 bucks a pod hard to pass up. He now sells a pair for 50 plus a single ship
Mine came fast, have not opened them yet.
Yea I'm flying w/the ones I got from the guy on eBay. I installed them when I got them from the mailbox. I ordered them this past Friday & they arrived on Monday in Georgia from California. When I left feedback for him I noticed he's got the 1 pair for 1 shipping price now & even 2 pair! I think I'll order another pair since they are in such excellent condition. Possibly do bearing replacement on originals.

I just found a guy selling return motor pods on ebay for 25 bucks. Talking with him sounds like the motors are noisey
since I am going to replace the motors thought I might roll the dice.
What is the latest?
Same recommendations?
how about with 11 inch props?

thanks
Why were they returned to 3DR?

No one knows
it is a roll of the dice, but I want them for the ESC and mount, so it was good to know they are in good condition

Motors Swapped to T-Motor 2216-12 800kV

More update...........from :

I have ordered also 4 Solo motor pod 2 + 2, locally available so that I can house the T-Motor 2216

For my current motor pod, me wanna change bearing...........

SR2-5UU #3
SR2-5UU #3 Radial Bearings
QTY 4

SR2-LL/C3 #3
SR2-LL/C3 #3 Radial Bearings
QTY 4

This is a hybrid version, ball is ceramic. It is ABEC7 rating, previous two is only ABEC 1, cheapest/lowest rating.
US$31.95 for both. Solo original bearing size, it seems it is the same as T motor MT2208-1100KV

#BMK-063C-OS

However this ceramic hybrid bearing kinda hurts the price equation as in Hong Kong, the T Motor MT2216 800KV is only US$31 each ..LOL
T-Motor Brushless Motor MT2216 KV800 (For DJI F550 Size)

for those that have made this switch over time, how is it working long term?
have you had to do bearings on the Ts?

this are V1 Motors.. this is why these Motors are cheap..
Aha....I see, many thanks Flashy. Dang, lucky the Amazon one I ordered is a V2...thank u thank u. Did not realize the V2.0 code...hehehe.

so my motor just showed up, was re reading this to get ready.
where does one find a prop reamer
I have everything else.

You should be able to find one local around the DFW area. Any RC hobby shop should have the brand recommended.

Advice, just let the reamer do the work. Forcing the cut will only cause alignment issues. Its a fairly easy process otherwise.

If you put the prop reamer into a battery drill on very low speed (and maybe even hold the drill in a vice), you can concentrate on keeping it straight and the depth.

Reactions: RichWest
Thanks for this, Roland, and greetings from Melbourne! Thanks for the great post with good instructions.
Any updates? How are they working for you?
Still no problems DG. They have lots of hours in the air now and have not degraded at all. No noises, no vibes, just up and go and have never missed a beat.

Reactions: RichWest
Have you noticed any increased flight times compared to the stock motors and 10" props?
Just a 'perceived' difference. Nothing that could be really tested except on a bench. I think it is a little smoother for video due to the slightly lower RPM of 11" props, and also a little quieter. I also like the improved reliability generally offered by T-motors.

Reactions: perkele

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks