Ah, I see they have reducers for the threads.
That's not the issue, as they are both 6mm. The issue with the stock motors is the short shaft. The 11s fit fine over the shaft, but the threads are flush with the top of the prop. No room to put a nut on without modifying.

That's not the issue, as they are both 6mm. The issue with the stock motors is the short shaft. The 11s fit fine over the shaft, but the threads are flush with the top of the prop. No room to put a nut on without modifying.
So if I understand you correctly, then the stock motors wouldn't be 'locked in' properly with the 11s, while with the T-Motors that's not an issue. So you use an extra nut on each prop?

So if I understand you correctly, then the stock motors wouldn't be 'locked in' properly with the 11s, while with the T-Motors that's not an issue. So you use an extra nut on each prop?
Yes, the 11s are not threaded like the Solo props. So a prop nut is required.

I am taking one step forward and two back right now. Just came up short 2 feet of silicone wire for the arms, and got talked into castle creations ESCs that will not make it here until tomorrow

1 down three to go,
the first one is always the hardest.
An observation, I had luck putting the wires right to left from the motor grommet in the same pad on the pod and motor spin was perfect

A Tip
Pay attention which adapter you screw on, I put the wrong one on and could not get the prop to go on,

My soldering was not as pretty as yours

Once I go the right adapter on all was good.
Three more to go, then I will do low level flights through 4 batteries as a shake down.

I did not get an awl I just used my Appalachian American Knife and reamed out the hole, did not need that much

Reactions: DattaGroover
thought I would throw on mission planner and check some things out.
my unscientific method of just putting a cell phone on the top of solo and running each motor was surprising.,
Not really less vibrations from that motor
then figured I would try and balance the bell since all my others are balanced. Just about no spot on the bell adding weight made it better. so that tells me it was pretty balanced.
It sounded a LOT better though.
so got curious and threw and APC prop on it.,
My solo prop was perfectly balanced
but the straight out of the pack APC prop had less vibration

For those who work off a visual better, I have found what Roland said to be accurate in so much as the silver motors use the red or left most wire out of the grommet going to the back pad on the esc and the blue or right most wire goes to the back on the black motors.
since the T-motors only have black wires you have to use the grommet position with motors facing up and looking left and right

motors.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado