I don't know what that is, but you either have a bad gopro or a bad card
I suspect the card, I use the extreme pros exclusively no issues

You don't know what a sandisk 64gigabyte sdxc class u1 is? I've looked up frame rates for 4K and it should be able to handle it for sure.

Here's a list of things in no particular order to maybe help reach a conclusion.

• I don't think putting an electronic device inside a freezer or fridge is a good idea. Condensation may damage your camera.
  • The GoPros recording higher than 1080p does have noticeable temperature increase over use. If you record in 4K you will definitely see it operating at much higher temperature when it tries to cope with the higher resolution.
  • Always make sure you use the official GoPro batteries especially when operating in high resolutions. The third pin is designed to protect the GoPro and shut it down should it get too hot. The knockoff batteries (I have many) usually fake this and just return an OK in all circumstances.
  • Even if you have a reputable brand microSD card, it is still possible to have a bad card due to defects or a counterfeit even from reputable suppliers. Try replacing the card and confirm that the problem still persists.
  • Regarding the heat with the GPH4 Black, it's a notorious problem because there isn't adequate cooling in such a tiny device. Just plan your shots and you'll get what you need before it gets too hot.

sandisk 64gigabyte sdxc class u1
I had an ultra U3 go bad, disk error with GP4B. Sandisk is quite liberal in their warranty coverage. Have you tried it yourself?

I read several years ago that many card manufactures only do low level testing on memory cards, capacity and circuitry testing. The economics said it was a <0.1% failure rate and the cost in testing further was not justified to keep competitive profitable.

There were a few owners here last year that had GPs that were getting hot and freezing. They sent them back to GP and GP replaced them at no charge.

that is why I said bad card or bad camera
It is easy enough to troubleshoot, replace the SD card, if it continues contact Gopro Service

my GP4B has never been hot before... suddenly after the latest software update on Android uploaded yesterday, my Gopro becomes boiling and switch itself off.
I have not changed any setting at all....
It becomes very hot only when linked to Solo....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40