GoPro Hero 3+ Black No Longer Streaming Video from Solo

• Thread starter Deleted member 7413
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7413

Hi,
I have a Hero3+ Black and just yesterday for some reason my video feed was upside down, but it was fine before. Than after I reversed the camera in the the settings now I don't get any video feed anymore.

I tried the camera on my other Solo that had the stock Gimbal and I have the same problem, which tells me that there is nothing wrong with the Gimbal. To confirm this I removed my 3axis Gimbal and connected directly to GoPro and the same results.

Today I downgraded the firmware to v2.0 and it still did not work. Unfortunately, now I'm experiencing more issues:

(1) Wifi no longer working where the wifi no longer shows up in the list of wifi signals.

(2) Can't upgrade back to v3.0. Tried everything. Download the field from GoPro and placed in the UDATE directory and than in the root directory of my SD card and no luck. It doesn't recognize the files no matter what. However I have no problems downgrading to earlier versions v1 and v2 using files I downloaded from a site I found on YouTube.

I'm in real desperate need of some very appreciated help.

I second that same problem of lost Hero 3+ Black (Sam007) and tested even Hero 3 without success of video feed. Suggestions Welcome! Thanks!

I second that same problem of lost Hero 3+ Black (Sam007) and tested even Hero 3 without success of video feed. Suggestions Welcome! Thanks!

Hopefully someone has some a solution!

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the GoPro. I don't think this is the problem with mine because I'm having this issue with mi iPhone 7+ as well which doesn't have a power saver option. As well I wasn't having this issue just a few weeks ago on either of my android devices, which I've not changed any settings since.

After a few hours it appears that the 3+ needs to be rolled back to 2.0 firmware and must have:
1080 @ 30 FPM Medium w Protrune & ONE button recording set to the MODE button for easy access and no drilling holes w pins
Best Start Sequence that works consistently:
Hero powered ON/Controller ON/Solo ON
I also learned that if you push the camera angle knob IN (that was never documented in any Solo manual) ONLY the Hero 4 should start recording! Notwithstanding, 3 or 3+ users have to start recording before flight! Hopefully Open Solo will address this in the future but using a Hero 4 is probably going to save you effort in the near future and going to a better camera gimble system in open solo would be the most productive use of time and energy going forward:
OpenSolo · GitHub

After a few hours it appears that the 3+ needs to be rolled back to 2.0 firmware and must have:
1080 @ 30 FPM Medium w Protrune & ONE button recording set to the MODE button for easy access and no drilling holes w pins
I also learned that if you push the camera angle knob IN (that was never documented in any Solo manual) ONLY the Hero 4 should start recording! Notwithstanding, 3 or 3+ users have to start recording before flight! Hopefully Open Solo will address this in the future but using a Hero 4 is probably going to save you effort in the near future and going to a better camera gimble system in open solo would be the most productive use of time and energy going forward:
OpenSolo · GitHub

Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not sure what you mean by

"...the ONE button recording set to the MODE button for easy access and no drilling holes with pin"

Thanks.

This references the HERO 3+ camera in which you can select "ONE button recording set to the MODE button for easy access (ON/OFF) so that you do not have to drill holes in the gimble to manually turn ON/OFF the camera's record button with a pin as some suggest in other forums. The WIFI GO PRO APP & REMOTE is not recommended because it causes interference withe the SOLO.

Reactions: Blooter
OpenSolo · GitHub

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc