GOPRO 4 black 3.0 firmware for rollback

What Firmware are you using. I wonder if this is a Silver problem or just a bad connection into the gimbal. My 4 black appears to get power with v5.0. If you saved the rubbery gimbal stabilizer to use when not in use the camera is fairly safe from turning itself on.

Couldn't tell you the version exactly. It was this past June, and I updated it to the latest. The silver worked great before the update, and it was fine after I rolled it back, so it wasn't a gimbal issue. This is a common complaint, so I rolled it back pretty quick.

I do have the gimbal stabilizer, but its not the camera I'm worried about turning on, its the drone itself. Thats why I disconnect the battery from the drone while its in my backpack.

"Also looking for Hero 4 black firmware that worked with Solo."
=========================
5.0 works with everything on android 6.0, but you must turn the camera on before flying.
----------------------------------
"First, your camera will NOT run off your Solo's battery. Let me explain. I can plug in my GoPro4 with a dead battery and still shoot footage. That's one less thing to charge when I go flying!
Second, the Solo will NOT turn off your GoPro when powered down. I always power down my Solo with the Solo power button at the end of the flight. This turns off the GoPro too."
=============================
There are multiple conflicting statements. The only way I can ever power down my Solo (w/ Solo app) is with the power button and that automatically shuts of my Hero4 black with firmware 5.0 on Android 6.0.

Last edited:
News Flash! Stating what works with what firmware and what doesn't you have to mention which version of Android you are using.

"Also looking for Hero 4 black firmware that worked with Solo."
=========================
5.0 works with everything on android 6.0, but you must turn the camera on before flying.
----------------------------------
"First, your camera will NOT run off your Solo's battery. Let me explain. I can plug in my GoPro4 with a dead battery and still shoot footage. That's one less thing to charge when I go flying!
Second, the Solo will NOT turn off your GoPro when powered down. I always power down my Solo with the Solo power button at the end of the flight. This turns off the GoPro too."
=============================
There are multiple conflicting statements. The only way I can ever power down my Solo (w/ Solo app) is with the power button and that automatically shuts of my Hero4 black with firmware 5.0.

With 3.0 firmware, Solo's power button turns on the camera. The same power button button turns off the camera. Solo's battery will be used to power the camera even if the camera's battery is dead.

Fewer buttons to remember to push. One less battery to charge. Works the same with Silver and Black.

May not be a big deal to you, but I have three drones to keep up with. When I'm flying an event, sometimes time is critical, so a dead camera battery can be a pain. Its different if I'm just flying for fun.

News Flash! Stating what works with what firmware and what doesn't you have to mention which version of Android you are using.
News flash! Not everyone uses Android and in this case, the tablet/phone type is irrelevant. I'm only discussing the interaction between the camera and the drone.

What camera settings are you doing with just the controller? If you don't go into an app and choose the right camera and settings the gimbal will not interact with any camera. So yes the app and OS matter.

Couldn't tell you the version exactly. It was this past June, and I updated it to the latest. The silver worked great before the update, and it was fine after I rolled it back, so it wasn't a gimbal issue. This is a common complaint, so I rolled it back pretty quick.

I do have the gimbal stabilizer, but its not the camera I'm worried about turning on, its the drone itself. Thats why I disconnect the battery from the drone while its in my backpack.
Firmware version will appear on the LCD screen on the front of the camera when you first turn it on. Good practice not to leave a battery in the solo when not flying.

My H4Bs with v5.00 in 1080 Linear mode do not switch away from Linear unless you manually change the video mode in the Solo app to say Medium. Cycling between Video and Photo makes the Solo app show Medium video mode but it still is in Linear.

That interaction is based on app settings.

The interaction I am discussing is not. With the controller turned OFF, and with 3.0 firmware on the camera, Solo's power button turns on the camera. The same power button button turns off the camera. Solo's battery will be used to power the camera even if the camera's battery is dead.

Firmware version will appear on the LCD screen on the front of the camera when you first turn it on. Good practice not to leave a battery in the solo when not flying.

I don't look at the readout on the camera face, I only look for the light, so I can't recall the version. Whatever was current this past June. Right now I am very happy with my cameras (Silver & Black) at 3.0 and I don't have to carry extra camera batteries with me, or take the time to charge them.

Amen on the battery. Wish 3DR had put that on their checklist because that was the basis I used for mine. I watched all their training videos and didn't see it mentioned there either.

Hero4 Black fw v5.0. Just confirmed, Solo is charging my camera battery. That is with the Solo app in Android 6.0 with hero4 Black chosen as my cam.

It comes down to whatever flavor you like. I've been using 5.0 without any issues and I am pleased with the flexibility of the firmware. 3.0 works for you then use it. No?

WITH 5.0 I DONT GET CONTROLS THROUGH THE APP AND WHEN I TRY TO CHANGE IT LOCKS UP AND NOTHING CAN BUT SELECTED ON THE SCREEN

I'm new to Solo and am having a hell of a time seeing a video stream out of GP 4 black to Iphone6.

Had a chat with 3DR support and they said that they only updated to 3.0 and have stopped updating for Solo.
Not super pleased but it is what it is. Found a few a posts on YouTube ect with rollback updates 1.02, 2.0 firmware as well as 3.0 in an obscure forum.

I read the GoPro disclaimer saying that if you rollback you'll brick your camera blah blah blah...we won't support it...blah. I think they are using scare tactics which pisses me off even more. They probably want everyone to go out and buy a Karma. No thank you, Solo kicks ass once it's tweaked a bit.

Being super frustrated I decided I'd chance it. Tried every firmware I found and rolled each one back and tested with Solo. They all sucked in terms of the camera being seen by the gimble, connection issues ect. except for 3.0 firmware. The camera turned on when I powered up Solo. I was able to record, ect. Suffice it to say I think I have a bad HDMI port because when I connect to a monitor/TV I don't seen anything except black. *(&^$%$)(^&)(#*&!!!! Oh well.

It was a bear to find the 3.0 firmware which 3DR says is the last supported version so I thought I'd share it with anyone who is having issues with higher versions or can't find it anywhere.

Here is a list of versions I tried:

My camera is working fine except for the HDMI port which has nothing to do with (I don't think) with firmware.

Here is the link to GP Hero 4 Black 3.0 firmware

GP 4 black3.0 UPDATE.zip

If anyone needs versions 1.02 or 2.0 let me know and I'll share with you.

Cheers

I also upgraded the GPS -
mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade

Wow what a difference!

This may be old news to a lot of you here, I'm sure it is but I thought I'd share.
Someone pleas
I'm new to Solo and am having a hell of a time seeing a video stream out of GP 4 black to Iphone6.

Had a chat with 3DR support and they said that they only updated to 3.0 and have stopped updating for Solo.
Not super pleased but it is what it is. Found a few a posts on YouTube ect with rollback updates 1.02, 2.0 firmware as well as 3.0 in an obscure forum.

I read the GoPro disclaimer saying that if you rollback you'll brick your camera blah blah blah...we won't support it...blah. I think they are using scare tactics which pisses me off even more. They probably want everyone to go out and buy a Karma. No thank you, Solo kicks ass once it's tweaked a bit.

Being super frustrated I decided I'd chance it. Tried every firmware I found and rolled each one back and tested with Solo. They all sucked in terms of the camera being seen by the gimble, connection issues ect. except for 3.0 firmware. The camera turned on when I powered up Solo. I was able to record, ect. Suffice it to say I think I have a bad HDMI port because when I connect to a monitor/TV I don't seen anything except black. *(&^$%$)(^&)(#*&!!!! Oh well.

It was a bear to find the 3.0 firmware which 3DR says is the last supported version so I thought I'd share it with anyone who is having issues with higher versions or can't find it anywhere.

Here is a list of versions I tried:

My camera is working fine except for the HDMI port which has nothing to do with (I don't think) with firmware.

Here is the link to GP Hero 4 Black 3.0 firmware

GP 4 black3.0 UPDATE.zip

If anyone needs versions 1.02 or 2.0 let me know and I'll share with you.

Cheers

I also upgraded the GPS -
mRo GPS u-Blox Neo-M8N / 3DR SOLO Upgrade

Wow what a difference!

This may be old news to a lot of you here, I'm sure it is but I thought I'd sh
Man I wish 5.0 would work for me. Maybe I need to get a new camera.

Can someone post a step by step video of how to rollback the GoPro 4 black firmware. That would be vary helpful. Thanks you!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela