Hi all,

I tried to set up a new Solo out of the box and install gimbal. My steps where:

1) download app
2) update software on app
3) update software on transmitter and quad
4) install gimbal
5) plug in gopro 4 black
6) turn on everything: a) transmitter, b) app, c) go pro, d) quad

result gimbal not connected and no picture through the app.

I then updated gopro software (as this is also new, via gopro studio) and tried again.

result still no gimbal connected.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers,
annefernne

Welcome to the forum!

I get this occasionally. If I turn Solo(quad) off, wait a few seconds, then back on it usually fixes that issue. When you turn Solo off, it will turn the GoPro off, so don't forget to turn it back on before Solo.

If you are on PAL in Sydney, is everything set to PAL?

Let us know if that works. If not we'll check elsewhere.:)

I had the same issue at first. First problem is that the GoPro had to be turned on manually. Second problem was that the connection on the back of my Hero4 Black was intermittent; I switched to a Hero4 Silver and that works much better.

Hi, thanks for your replies.

Before I knew it, I had a replacement gimbal in my hands and swapped in the new one, it worked straight away, great :)

As for the problem with the other gimbal, i'll try to find out.

Cheers,
Anthony.

Hey, I have the exact same problem, please read my post about it in the Solo Help forum.

Anyway, I didn't see your post till just now. Mine also has no video and constantly says "gimbal not found". Under "System info" in the settings, it shows no number next to the gimbal, but everything else has a firmware version number. I'm guessing it must be the gimbal in my case too. I'm gonna try to get a replacement gimbal. Thanks for posting about the replacement gimbal fixing the problem. If you find out why the old gimbal is not being detected, please let us know what was causing it.

Thank you

Hi, thanks for your replies.

Before I knew it, I had a replacement gimbal in my hands and swapped in the new one, it worked straight away, great :)

As for the problem with the other gimbal, i'll try to find out.

Cheers,
Anthony.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoxxx1986