Crash log

Here it is. Let me know please.

Thanks,

Attachments

• SoloLink_16B15A_solo 1_shotlog_8 - Copy.log.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 4
Just so you know, what I'm trying to prove/disprove is hitting Fly to initiate takeoff with the ArduCopter 3.5.4 firmware is not working as expected. Not an easy task as it looks like I will have to dive deep into the code and I'm not sure I have the chops. :)

The ArduCopter 1.5.4 worked great on the original pixhawk. Seemed flawless on that. Things didn't get unstable until I went to green cube. Which everybody on all the forums raves about them. I really believe I just received a bad one. But proving it seems like a nightmare.

Thanks again for all your help.

Well, this time I turned on the controller, the solo, connected to tablet, turned on the camera, went through the camera settings and adjusted, walked out side with every thing, made sure I had GPS lock, pressed fly to arm, pressed fly to fly. solo took off to loiter height paused and dropped from the sky.

Just an observation....

Why don't you set the bird/controller outside to acclimate to the freezing temps first. I imagine there is a certain degree of thermal shock potential based on your method. And rather than keep crashing your bird. You can run the whole effort without props....lifting the bird by hand to simulate a take off once commanded, if needed.

One more question, you did install the sorbothane that was supplied with the green cube? If the original GC ( green aluminum housing) has more weight than the stock cube. The potential for the main board to bounce is greater than stock, but both versions will bounce.

Did I see someone say something about motor interlocks popping up in the logs? If so, this is a configuration problem. There is nothing in the Solo's programming or parameters that makes use of motor interlocks.

Just an observation....

Why don't you set the bird/controller outside to acclimate to the freezing temps first. I imagine there is a certain degree of thermal shock potential based on your method. And rather than keep crashing your bird. You can run the whole effort without props....lifting the bird by hand to simulate a take off once commanded, if needed.

One more question, you did install the sorbothane that was supplied with the green cube? If the original GC ( green aluminum housing) has more weight than the stock cube. The potential for the main board to bounce is greater than stock, but both versions will bounce.
I did install the sorbathan. I normally do just start every thing outside. The previous instances when this happened it was started outside. I flew the bird 3 to 4 times with the original pichawk and version 1.5.4 in colder temps. The solo flew flawlessly. I don't know what the problem is but I don't believe it was temp related.

I'm no expert though and thanks for your help.

Reactions: RichWest
Did I see someone say something about motor interlocks popping up in the logs? If so, this is a configuration problem. There is nothing in the Solo's programming or parameters that makes use of motor interlocks.
How would that happen, when the firmware is 3.5.4?

Thanks

I thought I compared Kyle's parameters to mine a while ago and did not see any odd differences between the two. I'll take another look when I can.

I compared Kyle's parameters to mine and don't see any differences which would explain the strange behavior.
Attached is his parameters in case someone else wants to compare his with yours.

Attachments

• SoloLink_16B15A_solo 1_42 - Copy.BIN.param.txt
    14.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi Dave,
I was wondering what you might have figured out on yours? Seemed real similar to mine.
Nothing was ever proven to be the cause of my two apparent disarms. My thought was the Solo did not realize it took off and disarmed a couple feet up in the air.

Nothing was ever proven to be the cause of my two apparent disarms. My thought was the Solo did not realize it took off and disarmed a couple feet up in the air.
That's the same thing that happened to mine, then it flew really well or around 5 flights. Then it went 10 ft up and shut off. Over asphalt that's never good.

That's the same thing that happened to mine, then it flew really well or around 5 flights. Then it went 10 ft up and shut off. Over asphalt that's never good.
Mine never got to 10 feet. Only about three. did it twice and then flew fine. I did a wipe and reload of 3.5.something and all has been good since.

Mine never got to 10 feet. Only about three. did it twice and then flew fine. I did a wipe and reload of 3.5.something and all has been good since.
So you are still at 12 secs for the disarm? If so, is it possible the reason you are no longer seeing the problem is because you raise the throttle before the 12 seconds?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo