Crash log

You have to rename the file and delete the txt. I am probably downloading incorrect. When I try to move a bin or t log I Get an error. So some one on the forum told me to rename and put .txt at the end of the file.

To answer your question. It armed and took off instantly.

Thanks,

You have to rename the file and delete the txt. I am probably downloading incorrect. When I try to move a bin or t log I Get an error. So some one on the forum told me to rename and put .txt at the end of the file.

To answer your question. It armed and took off instantly.

Thanks,
It is considered to be armed when the props first are spinning slowly. The second time the fly button is held is the takeoff command

Yes, I was using the solex app so I believe the camera starts recording when the solo is armed. If that helps. When I first installed the green cube it did this a 4 or 5 times, closer to the ground on most of them. I kept recalibrating the IMU and compass and it finally flew. I flew it 5 or 6 times just fine then this happened. I had preinstall the firm ware update on the original pixhawk and flew 3 or 4 times with no issues what so ever. Those flights were the best and most stable the drone had ever flew. One component was changed after that (the pixhawk) then all the trouble began.

Thanks

This is getting a little over my pay grade. According to the dataflash log, almost exactly 2 seconds after it was armed it logged DATA_MOTORS_INTERLOCK_ENABLED.
Not sure if that's relevant yet.
Another favor, download the shotlogs please. Among other things, the shot logs record how your controller buttons are programmed, as well as all GoPro information, such as the mode, battery life and when you start and stop recording. I'm interested in the buttons.

Reactions: David Boulanger
This is getting a little over my pay grade. According to the dataflash log, almost exactly 2 seconds after it was armed it logged DATA_MOTORS_INTERLOCK_ENABLED.
Not sure if that's relevant yet.
Another favor, download the shotlogs please. Among other things, the shot logs record how your controller buttons are programmed, as well as all GoPro information, such as the mode, battery life and when you start and stop recording. I'm interested in the buttons.
I will get them tonight when I get home. Not quit sure what they are though.

Dave, not quit sure where to get or what the shot logs are?

Thanks
In Wookiee, from the Dashboard and to the left below the OPTIONAL SUFFIX line, select Shotlog from the dropdown list.

Don't worry about it right now Kyle--I like Matt's theory better. If not a brownout, then somehow it is losing power. That would also explain the dataflash log stopping.

How many different batteries do you have?

If you are up for something a little crazy, I have an idea that might be right up your alley.

In Wookiee, from the Dashboard and to the left below the OPTIONAL SUFFIX line, select Shotlog from the dropdown list.

Don't worry about it right now Kyle--I like Matt's theory better. If not a brownout, then somehow it is losing power. That would also explain the dataflash log stopping.

How many different batteries do you have?

If you are up for something a little crazy, I have an idea that might be right up your alley.
Thanks Dave, I don't disagree with that but I think if that would have happened to camera would have stopped recording. But I may be wrong let me know please. I also believe I have 8 batteries.

Thanks again

Well, if I were you here is what I think I would do.
Figure out a way to "tie" down your Solo. It doesn't have to be like this (used in the old days for pid tuning and before auto-tune went in), but you get the idea.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
It's possible you could tie down the legs and rotate your props so all are pushing down--but I would have to give that some more thought.

Anyways, then get into Mission Planner and do a 4 motor test with the props on. Push up the throttle via Mission Planner to simulate a takeoff. Maybe even record your Solo from above to see if the battery shuts off.

@David Boulanger and @RichWest what do you guys think about that approach (test)?

I am still so inept at some things I have not seen his log. I wish he could put a .bin on one drive or something. I believe the dataflash log stops when a disarming occurs and then a new one starts. No?

Haven't been following the thread, as I am not a log eval person. But if to test to determine if fault is causing a power down or a bad battery... I do know from experience the battery will shut down on any fault, motors or otherwise. The battery power button will not turn off the battery if pulling some level amps, think armed.

From my memory the batteries have been relatively free of internal faults. I have a couple of quirky batteries that need repeated effort to turn on or off, related to the power button. But they have been as reliable as my others.

Things to look at for faults:
Cold solder joints on motor pod power leads, I know of two and am sure there have been others.
Motor pod control or power leads damaged when pulled through arms, think leg screws.
GPS shield extending onto the main board or power connector.

Pretty much anything that would have been hand solder could be suspect. Even the aux. port's ribbon could be shorted.

The amount of vibration of some Solos, could easily cause an intermittent fault without much evidence for cause or location. Possibly why the two second delayed fault... If my bird, I'd disassemble everything again and reinspect...logs are worthless past a point.

I can't say much without seeing a log. If it is consistently 2 seconds as opposed to 2 then 4 then 1 it would seem that a brown out is less likely. As Carpy described, if the Solo could be secured and the motors run up under load maybe something could be determined.

I think the battery is fine, I used it on solo 2 shortly after the crash of solo 1. My biggest question is why was it so hard to calibrate the IMU. I still can't figure that out.

I think the battery is fine, I used it on solo 2 shortly after the crash of solo 1. My biggest question is why was it so hard to calibrate the IMU. I still can't figure that out.
It should not be hard to calibrate. This could be a problem.

Hey Guys,
Can anyone help me with this log. By what I've read I think its a brown out just after takeoff. If so what would cause this. Any and all help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Kyle
Kyle, how did you get this DF log?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela