Worst tech ever

This drone has been nothing but aggravating. From flyaways to constantly needing to be reset and re paired and restarted. 1 min it works next it won't start correctly.
Next will definitely be a DJI product.

Selling a solo with 4 batteries and gimble and carrying case.
Please email me if interested. Best offer it's sold.
[email protected]
23 flights s far and no crashes here. You need a clear wide open view of the sky for takeoff and landing with any gps guided aircraft.

Some of my flight videos are posted here.

Now I am modifying the controller antenna. Next goal is a tower mission flight at bccrc from the field to the ocean and back. 2.5 mile round trip

After my first flew away 3dr sent me replacement free bc after review of flight logs it was not pilot error.
The replacement works then doesn't. Nothing I did to make it not work. It's not an enjoyable piece of equipment. And obviously since 3DR has bailed on making consumer drones I'm not the only unhappy customer.
When it works it's great. Unfortunately it doesn't work more than it does. You must be one of the few lucky ones that didn't receive a dud.
There are many of us that used earlier 3dr flight controller in our diy drones. I still have my hobbyking sk450 frame diy quad with a 3dr APM 2.0 controller that I built in 2010 . It still flies. I posted my controller params on the diy drones forum so others can build it with a similar tune.
So far I have made 23 flights with my Solo , no crashes.

3dr is focusing on the Arial Surveying industry. Hopefully 3dr will support hobbyists as they did in the old days.

I posted videos here.. check out where I fly.... Always wide open space.

How much longer flight time with the 11" props?

I get 13-15 minutes at 7-8,000 feet with the 11" props, about 2 minutes less with 10" props. As Rich said the benifits diminish with altitude, but my Solo is more stable with them.

Reactions: t-man-d27
I get 13-15 minutes at 7-8,000 feet with the 11" props, about 2 minutes less with 10" props. As Rich said the benifits diminish with altitude, but my Solo is more stable with them.
What do you use to override the 400ft ceiling ? There is a rc club field I fly at where the ceiling is 3k ft.... Do I set it with Tower ? The Solo app maxes out at 400ft.

What do you use to override the 400ft ceiling ? There is a rc club field I fly at where the ceiling is 3k ft.... Do I set it with Tower ? The Solo app maxes out at 400ft.

He's talking about elevation. Solo is set to stop at 400' from the ground.

From the Solo manual, section 8.7:

"To adjust the altitude limit, go to Settings, choose Solo, and then select Altitude Limits. Scroll the list horizontally to change the upper limit. A No Limit option is available if you turn on Advanced Settings > Enable Advanced Flight Modes. If you opt for No Limit, ensure that you always operate Solo within your visual line of sight and in compliance with local regulations."

Reactions: jerryn
From the Solo manual, section 8.7:

"To adjust the altitude limit, go to Settings, choose Solo, and then select Altitude Limits. Scroll the list horizontally to change the upper limit. A No Limit option is available if you turn on Advanced Settings > Enable Advanced Flight Modes. If you opt for No Limit, ensure that you always operate Solo within your visual line of sight and in compliance with local regulations."
Thanks!

Hey, does anyone here think the Solo is a piece of shit?

....just thought I'd ask for opinions and bring this thread full circle...
LOL.

LOL.

Some people might, I think there are inherent but fixable hardware problems. For the most part, it's a solid platform with many redeeming qualities.

LOL.

I for one do not. In fact, after 2.5 years of flying 3 Solos successfully and reading so many posts here from Solo owners who obviously never read the Solo User Manual, I can honestly say that I have much higher respect for the 3DR Solo than I have for humanity. At least Solo was designed to be smart, and usually is. Neither can be said of our species.

I liken Solo to chit, as it depends on what kind of chit you have and how you use it.

Solo was the chit that was placed in a paper bag and left at DJl's doorstep, strange that they lit it on fire themselves They later tried to put out the fire, then they got chit on themselves. They are still trying to scrape Solo off, but it's still stinking up their party. And now the chit is green and smellier...

Reactions: hardhat068 and DJMc
I liken Solo to chit, as it depends on what kind of chit you have and how you use it.

Solo was the chit that was placed in a paper bag and left at DJl's doorstep, strange that they lit it on fire themselves They later tried to put out the fire, then they got chit on themselves. They are still trying to scrape Solo off, but it's still stinking up their party. And now the chit is green and smellier...
Only a 'LMFAO [emoji3]!' will do for this...brilliant.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela