I feel like such a newb....

Reaction score
Well, got a new iPhone X today and turned in my old iPhone 5s to get a credit. I was using my old phone with my Solo and though no problem, I will download the SoloApp and reset using the X.

So, after installing the application i proceeded to try connecting to Solo and I kept getting “incorrect password” when trying to connect to the Solo WiFi...I tried every password (including the default) i have ever used for anything and was unable to authenticate.

Well no sweat, I’ll to a factory reset and reset the WiFi Password. So I powered both bird and controller down. Pressed the “pair” button in and re powered Solo back on while holding the pair button in for 15 seconds. So far so good, little orange light blinking rapidly next next to the pair button...

Now for the controller, pressed “Power” and “Fly” buttons and held them until controller said it was “Updating System”. Supposed to take about 5 min and the power cycle and come back and say “Controller Updated”. Well about 3 min in, no reboot and it says “Controller Updated, press A to continue”. Hmmm, something’s night right. Also, Solo’s LED’s never cycled and danced. Instead, orange light next to Pair button is slowly blinking. Let it sit for 10 minutes... no change... hit the “A” button and the controller says “Preflight Update required”.

I’ve done this 4 Times, same result each time. I do see the reset Solo wireless network and am able to connect to it, but I can’t connect to Solo or the Controller...

Would one of you mage’s offer a helpless newb some advice. I thought I had this, followed all of the instructions.... Sigh....

you need an app connected to do the update, I believe.

The factory reset instructions, calls out that if I get that error, I should contact tech support...

https://3dr.com/support/articles/factory_reset/

I can’t connect to Solo in Either the SoloApp or SidePilot. The firmware on both are up to date, I don’t believe the factory reset actually rolls the firmware version back...

You'll likely need to re-pair the controller to Solo after a reset. In the manual, re-pair controller is in section 10.3

I believe the FW resets to factory default, prior to any updates. Like Bruce said, you'll need the app on and the FW downloaded prior to proceeding with an update, while internet data is accessible.

Should be fairly straight forward, just follow the manual's sequences for the above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso