What's new with the latest SOLO ?

Wow these guys again really if the p4s is gods gift to the world go fly it with your dronies, wel be just fine over here without ya fellas.

Dji makes a decent bird, but I don't understand why so many owners need to justify their phantom purchase by coming to solo threads to argue. Ive not been to a dji thread since last June when I got solo and my phantoms been flown maybe twice since then as well, move on.

RCG is great for this back and forth garbage their may even be one or two solo owners left over there who care enough about this vs crap to continue this waste of life. Come on if ya don't like solo theirs plenty of lil phan sites to go frequent coming here to argue just makes you look like a child, kinda makes the experienced comments hard to believe.

sure got quiet all of a sudden....;)

Eye,

There is no point to beat up on any bird. As you already know, they all have their place. Advances with the P4 (I don't own one) will help the overall community.

I got a day yesterday with 10 P3P batteries and 5 Solo's. It was a great deal of fun! Just a single day. The differences are very noticeable. The P3's were ready to go as soon as they were powered up. Not a single flaw. The Solo was a bit slow to start, get the GoPro set-up and dialed in, then getting GPS lock and a decent HDOP.

The P3's were "airy", "light" but they did precisely what they were told to do (using Litchi). The Solo was "steady", "heavy" but it also did what it was told to do. The camera control on the P3's was really good, camera control on the GP was a little limited. Take-offs and landings were the strong point of the Solo. Very easy to take off (manually, no fly button) and a dream to land. A very stable (heavier) bird. Flight times supported such. P3's, 15-18 Min (30% on landing), Solo 12-14 for same. In my head, I had more concern for motor noise and failure on the Solo. I've had issues with the Solo motor pods but I haven't had a single issue with a P2 or P3 motor.

Bottom line, I love both birds, they're different. As an enthusiast, not a professional like you guys, I like them both. I have seen much more progress from a 3rd party developers perspective on the "white" guys side. Tower is a solid and very good app but there are a few dozen on the other side. I guess (again as an enthusiast, not a professional) I anticipated more progress on the Solo side then what I've seen.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt before you flame me. The words I write are just my honest and sincere opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. That's what this is all about at the end of the day anyway. Education and forward progress, right?

Sincerely,

Jerry

Reactions: Maddog
Wow these guys again really if the p4s is gods gift to the world go fly it with your dronies, wel be just fine over here without ya fellas.

Dji makes a decent bird, but I don't understand why so many owners need to justify their phantom purchase by coming to solo threads to argue. Ive not been to a dji thread since last June when I got solo and my phantoms been flown maybe twice since then as well, move on.

RCG is great for this back and forth garbage their may even be one or two solo owners left over there who care enough about this vs crap to continue this waste of life. Come on if ya don't like solo theirs plenty of lil phan sites to go frequent coming here to argue just makes you look like a child, kinda makes the experienced comments hard to believe.
Wow. You sound an awful lot like the people you descpise so much.

Maddog, are you gonna make it to NAB? I've just found that I'll be doing a couple of Yuneec H bits there on Wednesday and can be found in the South Hall at the FMC pavilion when I'm not in the North Hall for Post Production World Conference.

Satman...come visit me at NAB.
NAB April 16-22, 2016 - Valley of Fire UAV Showcase

Phantoms, Solos, Yuneec Q/H, S900, S1000, and a few other toys. Either come fly with me, or come to one of my seminars. The one on UAV laws and Part 107 is the least expensive, and it has seats available for only $295.00.
Hope to see you there somewhere amongst the other 127,000 people. ;)
View attachment 3106

I know right?
When I saw that post part of me felt bad for the poster for walking dead into a wall head first.

But what are you going to do. seems if you are pro solo on a forum for solo owners you are a terrible person.

Eye,

There is no point to beat up on any bird. As you already know, they all have their place. Advances with the P4 (I don't own one) will help the overall community.

I got a day yesterday with 10 P3P batteries and 5 Solo's. It was a great deal of fun! Just a single day. The differences are very noticeable. The P3's were ready to go as soon as they were powered up. Not a single flaw. The Solo was a bit slow to start, get the GoPro set-up and dialed in, then getting GPS lock and a decent HDOP.

The P3's were "airy", "light" but they did precisely what they were told to do (using Litchi). The Solo was "steady", "heavy" but it also did what it was told to do. The camera control on the P3's was really good, camera control on the GP was a little limited. Take-offs and landings were the strong point of the Solo. Very easy to take off (manually, no fly button) and a dream to land. A very stable (heavier) bird. Flight times supported such. P3's, 15-18 Min (30% on landing), Solo 12-14 for same. In my head, I had more concern for motor noise and failure on the Solo. I've had issues with the Solo motor pods but I haven't had a single issue with a P2 or P3 motor.

Bottom line, I love both birds, they're different. As an enthusiast, not a professional like you guys, I like them both. I have seen much more progress from a 3rd party developers perspective on the "white" guys side. Tower is a solid and very good app but there are a few dozen on the other side. I guess (again as an enthusiast, not a professional) I anticipated more progress on the Solo side then what I've seen.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt before you flame me. The words I write are just my honest and sincere opinions. Nothing more, nothing less. That's what this is all about at the end of the day anyway. Education and forward progress, right?

Sincerely,

Jerry

JR of all people he is about as objective as you get.
The new poster was asking him if he had ever flown one, foolishly. He deserved what he got on that one.

Eye,

Sincerely,

Jerry

Hey J R....question. I'm mainly a Solo guy but fly a P3 pretty often since we have one for work. For some reason (which I can't quite explain) I enjoy flying the Solo more, but I do like the P3. Like you said, they feel very "light" in the air, maybe a little more agile. Hard to explain I guess.

I'm wondering, are you having any structural issues with any of your P's? Ours has never been crashed, but I noticed the other day that there are several cracks in the body of the P3...maybe from stress? Anyone know if that's common on those birds?

Ours has never been crashed, but I noticed the other day that there are several cracks in the body of the P3...maybe from stress? Anyone know if that's common on those birds?

Tom,

Stress cracks are very common on the P3's. It's a manufacturing defect. I've put Strong Arms on all of my P3's and haven't yet experienced any cracks. I will note, not a single crack on my Solo.

Jerry

Hey J R....question. I'm mainly a Solo guy but fly a P3 pretty often since we have one for work. For some reason (which I can't quite explain) I enjoy flying the Solo more, but I do like the P3. Like you said, they feel very "light" in the air, maybe a little more agile. Hard to explain I guess.

I'm wondering, are you having any structural issues with any of your P's? Ours has never been crashed, but I noticed the other day that there are several cracks in the body of the P3...maybe from stress? Anyone know if that's common on those birds?
It's a very well known issue. You can read about it on multiple forums. But here is a DJI forum on the subject.

Well if you bought an aftermarket kit to make it stronger and had it on since day 1, I would hope it didn't crack or you'd have 2 bad products.
So, I guess I have 2 good products then. Sounds good to me.

Reactions: J R
Wow. You sound an awful lot like the people you descpise so much.

Yea cause I'm on a phantom site crying like a child trying to justify buying a lesser product than the one I decided on right?

Go over to phan boys .com and I'm sure you'll have plenty of support, please enlighten us on why your here if not to troll?

Reactions: jibcamera
Sorry bud but just like I don't frequent Mac or Xbox forums I don't frequent phantoms either, even owning one there's very little to learn about something that's the same day 1 to the end of its life.

I don't frequent these places cause I'd much rather spend my time learning and trying to help others with something I own, rather than argue how mines better like I'm 6 on a competing site. To each his own I guess, but your comment to me at least says plenty on its own. Did you read the post or just spout random words?

Good luck and fly safe anyway it goes it's too nice out to waste time on this.

Yea cause I'm on a phantom site crying like a child trying to justify buying a lesser product than the one I decided on right?

Go over to phan boys .com and I'm sure you'll have plenty of support, please enlighten us on why your here if not to troll?
Reread my posts and damned if I can find where I said anything for dji or against solo. Unlike some, I try to stay objective and realize they both have good and bad and neither are a lesser product. The way some talk about the phantom, it sounds more like they have the problem with the decision they made, not the other way around. Have a great day and enjoy flying, after all that is what really counts.

Eye,

Sincerely,

Jerry
Thanks Jerry- nothing wrong with an unbiased report on your personal experiences and opinion about both birds.

Reactions: J R
Maddog, are you gonna make it to NAB? I've just found that I'll be doing a couple of Yuneec H bits there on Wednesday and can be found in the South Hall at the FMC pavilion when I'm not in the North Hall for Post Production World Conference.

Satman...come visit me at NAB.
NAB April 16-22, 2016 - Valley of Fire UAV Showcase

Phantoms, Solos, Yuneec Q/H, S900, S1000, and a few other toys. Either come fly with me, or come to one of my seminars. The one on UAV laws and Part 107 is the least expensive, and it has seats available for only $295.00.
Hope to see you there somewhere amongst the other 127,000 people. ;)
View attachment 3106
No- not on my schedule this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44