The gimbal video thread

Support team has been e-mailed twice now, they are working on a fix will have me an answer in 3 hours. That was 5 hours ago.

They have also been avoiding giving me an RMA number for both the gimbal and solo which i have been asking for a month now. After being promised multiple times even on there twitter account that they GUARANTEE i can do 30 day MBG. But when it comes time that I actually want to do it there backpedaling.
Sounds like they're busy dealing with gimbal issues that were bound to come up- new product bugs that need to worked out.
Not much you can do but be patient and let them work it out.
Keep us posted on what happens! Don't forget, some of us are new, just ordered our gimbals a few weeks ago, and probably won't see them until Christmas.

Sooo.... Can any one with a gimbal confirm whether the landing gear show up in 4K.

(4K requires FOV: Wide)

Amongst all the gimbal chatter this week, this video seems to have been missed by many, this happens to still be on a pre-production gimbal, however the pilot in this case has been using the Solo for a while, so knows how to use it.

It's worth a look.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Awesome video. What is that place??

Solo Gimbal test #3. Let me begin by saying that I love my Solo. I love my gimbal. I love my gimbal footage. This is my 10th drone, beginning with a Hubsan X4 through Blade Nano QX, Blade 200 QX, Cheerson C-20, and Blade 350 QX3. The Solo is just so far beyond everything else. Stable, fast, a dream to fly, and yes, very smart. Did I say I love it?

I have been delighted by my gimbal footage, but people have suggested that it could be better and have made some suggestions. So this third test has: balanced props, Polar Pro ND2 filter, balanced gimbal (Thanks toNolan Ramseyer. Not sure this is right yet, but I have a penny on the end and a nickel on the back). Combination of Fly (pond and cement plant), cable cam (cemetery shots), and orbit with in/out and up/down manual control (field). I didn’t do any quick jerky back and forth movements because my previous tests showed me that the camera was rock solid in all movements.

GoPro 4 Black with these settings: 2.7k 60 fps Medium FOV, Protune on, ISO 400, spot meter off, low light off, WB 5500, Color GoPro, sharpness medium, EV comp 0. Clips combined in GoPro Studio and music added. No stabilization applied.

Heres a video I made today with gimbal of an address plaque i recently bought.

@BobG and @Jeremy; both of those are great examples of Solo and it's gimbal. Bob, great use of smart shots! I think someone would really have to be trying to 'pick pepper out of fly sh*t' to find much fault in that!

Reactions: SteveReno

Solo Gimbal test #3. Let me begin by saying that I love my Solo. I love my gimbal. I love my gimbal footage. This is my 10th drone, beginning with a Hubsan X4 through Blade Nano QX, Blade 200 QX, Cheerson C-20, and Blade 350 QX3. The Solo is just so far beyond everything else. Stable, fast, a dream to fly, and yes, very smart. Did I say I love it?

I have been delighted by my gimbal footage, but people have suggested that it could be better and have made some suggestions. So this third test has: balanced props, Polar Pro ND2 filter, balanced gimbal (Thanks toNolan Ramseyer. Not sure this is right yet, but I have a penny on the end and a nickel on the back). Combination of Fly (pond and cement plant), cable cam (cemetery shots), and orbit with in/out and up/down manual control (field). I didn’t do any quick jerky back and forth movements because my previous tests showed me that the camera was rock solid in all movements.

GoPro 4 Black with these settings: 2.7k 60 fps Medium FOV, Protune on, ISO 400, spot meter off, low light off, WB 5500, Color GoPro, sharpness medium, EV comp 0. Clips combined in GoPro Studio and music added. No stabilization applied.
Thanks for the reminder about balancing the gimbal. I know from previous projects I have had that balance before applying power is important and reduces strain and required power to stabilize. I actually used a quarter on the top left flat spot and a nickel on the rear.

This was penny on the end away from the lens and nickel on the back.

Butter! Very Nice :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveReno

Wonderful, watching this video made me forget about Solo & gimbal and was just letting the video to help me visualize I was there, & It was easy. Made me feel peace.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Heres a video I made today with gimbal of an address plaque i recently bought.

You are a very brave soul, no way I would fly that close to wires, nice job though

Reactions: prowler9
Let's see if we can have a thread of videos, here's some I've seen today.

This looks alright:

There's this one that was taken at 60FPS but has been slowed in post:

I spoke to the guy that did this one and the Solo definitely doesn't have balanced props, this is 60FPS at actual speed.

Is 60fps the best to film in, I thought we would get better quality at 30fps in 720 or 1080?

60 FPS is good if you want slo-mo (as you can convert 60 to 30 in post giving half speed slow-mo). 30 is supposed to hide jello better.

OK, here is my frst gimbal entry :) Toiletbowl posted it in another thread, but I figured I would post it here.

It is taken in a few hours with 3 batteries, on a Hero 4 Black, with a PEAU 5.44 lens, ND8 filter, Circular Polarizer, and was Shot in 4K W, then rendered down to 1080. Didn't spend any time in post other than cutting down clips, centering a couple really off shots, and using a template for adding transitions, titles, and stock music. No level/color correction or stabilization.

Solo has balanced props and gel mod on the main board, and GPS, with only FPVLR antenna added.

A few Cable Cams, a Selfie (Kayak), and some manual work, but I forgot my Nexus (dough...) so I had no GPS on the (borrowed) tablet and couldn't do Follow Me. Nothing really cool to orbit, and didn't do anything in Tower other than notifications.

Raining now, and just off vacation so a bit swamped, but will try to find good location/subjects for Orbit, Follow Me, and possibly Tower next time, then spend a little time in post.

The question is when... *sigh*

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny