The gimbal video thread

This looks rather epic. Make sure your GoPro is set NOT to go higher than 400 ISO if you film this in low light.
Assuming you are using a Hero 4 Black, please test to see if the landing gear shows up in 4K Wide and let us know.

Not that yo need to be told, but to shoot this I suspect 2.7K, 60FPS, FOV Medium will get the best results. But if the light is low, also try lower frame rates, like 30 or even 24. Agreed on ISO Limit of 400, but if its as dark as your picture, you *might* to have to let it go higher.

Assuming you are using a Hero 4 Black, please test to see if the landing gear shows up in 4K Wide and let us know.

Not that yo need to be told, but to shoot this I suspect 2.7K, 60FPS, FOV Medium will get the best results. But if the light is low, also try lower frame rates, like 30 or even 24. Agreed on ISO Limit of 400, but if its as dark as your picture, you *might* to have to let it go higher.
Will do thanks for the tip @erikgraham

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Based on the photo angle, the spot lights will be a problem within the subject frame. Up and out would remove the light's glare, then resize to the subject....either way it will turn out well.

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
Some of the pans in this are way too fast, but the start scene over the water is really nice and there are some nice orbits.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Some of the pans in this are way too fast, but the start scene over the water is really nice and there are some nice orbits.

Love the first shot with the old factory! Colors are good.

Check out my gimbal its pretty badass...

This is what my gimbal does whenever its tilted at 90 degrees, anytime I bring the camera up to 90 degrees you can the gimbal motors vibrating and really shaking... like a cellphone when it vibrates... It goes limp all of the sudden and comes back a few seconds later..

My gimbal is not the only one i've seen reporting the same exact problem.

Whenever I tilt the gimbal to a different angle it seems to work flawlessly. What a load of crap after waiting 4 months I get stuck with a lemon and of course i've tried calling customer service all day they don't return phone calls or answer the phone. They also don't respond promptly to e-mails.

Check out my gimbal its pretty badass...

This is what my gimbal does whenever its tilted at 90 degrees, anytime I bring the camera up to 90 degrees you can the gimbal motors vibrating and really shaking... like a cellphone when it vibrates... It goes limp all of the sudden and comes back a few seconds later..

My gimbal is not the only one i've seen reporting the same exact problem.

Whenever I tilt the gimbal to a different angle it seems to work flawlessly. What a load of crap after waiting 4 months I get stuck with a lemon and of course i've tried calling customer service all day they don't return phone calls or answer the phone. They also don't respond promptly to e-mails.

What happens if you tilt the gimbal down a couple degrees? I do that on an Iris+ to avoid catching the props in the frame. You can't even really tell its not its not tilted all the way up.

What happens if you tilt the gimbal down a couple degrees? I do that on an Iris+ to avoid catching the props in the frame. You can't even really tell its not its not tilted all the way up.
well.... i can do that and that works fine, but i didn't pay 400$ and wait 4 months for a gimbal that i have to "RIG" for it to work correctly. Plus it does this at angles other than 90.. there's simply no solution other than a new gimbal or re-calibrating this gimbal that i have.

There's software fixes already in GitHub for the gimbal in the next update. Updates are occurring every two weeks now to make sure the gimbal and functionality for it keeps on moving.

Still e-mail the 3DR support in the time being if you're having difficulty on the phone.

Reactions: Michael Stevenson
well.... i can do that and that works fine, but i didn't pay 400$ and wait 4 months for a gimbal that i have to "RIG" for it to work correctly. Plus it does this at angles other than 90.. there's simply no solution other than a new gimbal or re-calibrating this gimbal that i have.
Absolutely. But I was hoping there would be a work around while we wait (pray) for a software update that fixes it.

There's software fixes already in GitHub for the gimbal in the next update. Updates are occurring every two weeks now to make sure the gimbal and functionality for it keeps on moving.

Still e-mail the 3DR support in the time being if you're having difficulty on the phone.

Support team has been e-mailed twice now, they are working on a fix will have me an answer in 3 hours. That was 5 hours ago.

They have also been avoiding giving me an RMA number for both the gimbal and solo which i have been asking for a month now. After being promised multiple times even on there twitter account that they GUARANTEE i can do 30 day MBG. But when it comes time that I actually want to do it there backpedaling.

So any final and definitive word yet on whether the landing gear shows up in 4K when using the gimbal?

If so could someone post a screen shot in here? I'm kind of ready to put out a GoPro sticky for this site, but I need to confirm that first.

Reactions: Sampson
Curious, I don't recall which version of GP you have?

From Ian J. Brown
Good subject and nice light.
I guess the video is set on Wide because we can see a prop in the right corner.
Great video. Gimbal looking very good. I would get rid of the props by making it widescreen in premiere pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44