The gimbal video thread

Reaction score
Let's see if we can have a thread of videos, here's some I've seen today.

This looks alright:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There's this one that was taken at 60FPS but has been slowed in post:

I spoke to the guy that did this one and the Solo definitely doesn't have balanced props, this is 60FPS at actual speed.

These videos appear to have made the wait worth while.

These videos make it clear that the wait has been worth it! Can't wait to get my gimbal too!

If you want to shoot in 4k, Medium is not an option.... It will only be in Wide and 30fps.
why not just correct the barrel distortion in post? Its pretty easy---takes about 30 seconds

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

why not just correct the barrel distortion in post? Its pretty easy---takes about 30 seconds

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

True. It's what I was using at times when I had to deliver 4k footage. However it's still too wide and I had props in my P2 footage that needed to be cropped out which reduced the resolution a little. I much prefer a proper rectilinear lens for my video work.

There are admittedly some downsides. The 4.35 lens and the 5.4 are both only 10 megapixel resolution. While this is fine for 4k video that requires 8 - 8.3mpix, photos will be of lower resolution or seem less sharp at full sized imaging.

The other downside is a lot more shake can creep in. This is where the quality of the gimbal comes into play. The Zenmuse from DJi have been handling it well. I see no reason why the SOLO can't. I also have handheld gimbals from two companies that do a decent job for ground work.

Finally, while easy to install, it isn't as simple as plug and play. You can't change onsite. Best to have two Gopros. One unmodified just in case.

True. It's what I was using at times when I had to deliver 4k footage. However it's still too wide and I had props in my P2 footage that needed to be cropped out which reduced the resolution a little. I much prefer a proper rectilinear lens for my video work.

There are admittedly some downsides. The 4.35 lens and the 5.4 are both only 10 megapixel resolution. While this is fine for 4k video that requires 8 - 8.3mpix, photos will be of lower resolution or seem less sharp at full sized imaging.

The other downside is a lot more shake can creep in. This is where the quality of the gimbal comes into play. The Zenmuse from DJi have been handling it well. I see no reason why the SOLO can't. I also have handheld gimbals from two companies that do a decent job for ground work.

Finally, while easy to install, it isn't as simple as plug and play. You can't change onsite. Best to have two Gopros. One unmodified just in case.
Exactly....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela