Solo V1.2 release

I'm having issues with getting the update to install from my Moto G phone. I've so far done a factory reset and re-pair on Solo with no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I've let the app sit for over an hour churning away, but nothing ever progresses. Now I'm stuck with a Pre-flight Update screen on the controller and no way to fly! Anyone else having these headaches?
If you have any other wifi access point that you normally use, this could be the source of the issue rather than the hardware. During the update there is a disconnect and which could/would revert your connection to the other wifi...more so if it is a stronger signal Since the update is from the app, the procedure stops if no longer connected.

So update didn't fix my my gimbal flop, but re-wiring again did. Got hdmi routed a little better, now gimbal cable is holding it in the air, should probably substute for some glue to hold it up, or tighten it on one of the directions so it can't flop down.

My video feed in the app on android seems a little better after re-routing antenna cable under the board (probably where it was originally) and back beside and around the wireless chipset edge. But its still not great. I'll check its got nothing to do with the powerlines I regularly fly over in my test spot.

The squirilliness I got after update I am thinking is becuase I had to do a full factory reset before the repairing, and I didn't redo stick cal (did level and compass). Redoing stick cal I think fixed it.

KP-Index here is 7. Didn't check yesterday, but maybe thats why the rth was off by 10m, fine today.

Got a new message about needing to update a gopro while it was up to date. This resulted in no-go for the video start button in the solo app. Manually updated gopro to the same version, solo app then forced me to change the solo_link name and wifi pwd as it must have reset something. Next startup gopro video button was fine again, and message about needing update went away.

So aside from headaches, I think I can take off facing south, and power off the gopro.

I am waiting on my Gimbal to come back while all you guys are having fun........
Not all fun and games for everyone many of us are experiencing technical issues I for one is growing tired of the very problematic Solo.

just upgraded. No issues, no password reset, no re-pairing needed.
First test looks good so far.
GPS acquisition time equally good as before (15-30sec)

Yesterday, I got to take the Solo out in the morning with the update installed. It fixed most of the issues. But the gimbal kept sweeping from side to side now. I was still in the return window for the gimbal so I returned it. Got another one, it worked GREAT.

But while messing around I must of pulled the HDMI cable off the motherboard, because I didn't have a video feed. So I opened up the Solo last night and use a small screwdriver and pressed on the HDMI cable attached to the motherboard and heard it click into place. Tested it and have a video feed now.

Its good to almost have an almost fully advertised working Solo. But I am extremely happy with the progress over the last few days from 3DR.

Installed the update and tested it out yesterday. I set the GoPro to 2.7k 60 fps medium and notIced a ton of shake. It's like a micro earthquake is happening. I had no issues before the update, but now I seem to be getting the shake that has plagued the gimbal. This was the first time shooting with the solo in medium fov so maybe I just notice it more? i counter balanced a 4 stop filter with coins so I will test it without those. As it sits now, it seems like the update did the opposite for me.

Installed the update and tested it out yesterday. I set the GoPro to 2.7k 60 fps medium and notIced a ton of shake. It's like a micro earthquake is happening. I had no issues before the update, but now I seem to be getting the shake that has plagued the gimbal. This was the first time shooting with the solo in medium fov so maybe I just notice it more? i counter balanced a 4 stop filter with coins so I will test it without those. As it sits now, it seems like the update did the opposite for me.
Aside from medium, did you have to reset anything to do the update? I got more shake afterwards, but I had to reset during update and found I had to redo my controller stick calibration to get rid of shake.

I also changed my test location and am now convinced some of my video issues are once there are big power lines In between myself and the bird

@Timmytimetravel I didn't have to reset anything except A B presets, but I did have a somewhat finicky update this time around. It kept telling me to power cycle solo battery due to no connection with the transmitter. I'll try all calibrations and I am going to double check my cable routing to see if anything has changed there. Hopefully I get this sorted with something simple.

Attached the ferrite clamp from the hdmi cable to the side of the body with some hot glue. If you place the gimbal wire over top of the hdmi cable this holds both cables to the top which should eliminate any chance of the cables rubbing against the motor inducing gimbal flop. Will let you know of the results.

Attachments

• IMG_20151008_193536.jpg
    IMG_20151008_193536.jpg
    719.7 KB · Views: 55
So... Just a quick FYI, press stop recording before you power off SOLO, it will power down GoPro and corrupt your file, but usually powering the GoPro back on, it will fix itself. GP4 has a bandaid flash on the screen during the fix

I must have jinxed myself. I tried to fly my solo this morning with the 1.2.0 update and it loses connection with the controller right after it announces it is Ready To Fly. I had to wait a long time for GPS on the first power up. I power cycled everything and it did the same thing. Got GPS quick, but right after Ready to Fly and I press FLY button it loses connection. I had 5 good flights with the last few being 1.1.15 and a new gimbal installed for flight number 5 with no issues. With this 1.2.0 no flights yet. I feel as though I need a ground crew to get it all set up and running so I can simply walk out and pick up the controller and just fly...
UPDATE: Deleted all my Android 3DR apps re-installed them and tried again. This time everything worked OK. It was ready to fly in a minute or so with 7 sats @1.8 HDOP, and flew fine. No gimbal issues. Sats increased to 10 while flying. I use the FPVLR circular antenna mod on the controller and get around ~40-58 rssi most of the flight. Have not tried to go max range flight yet. Not quite that cavalier about $ invested to want to see if RTH or GPS breadcrumb map really works. So bottom line - 6 flights (2 with Gimbal) so far all OK no anomalies while flying.

Last edited:
I finally got to fly the new 1.2 firmware. I did notice that the Controller chose channel 8 this time, even though there were NO other WiFi signals in the area where I was flying. I had never seen this channel used with previous firmware.

I finally got to fly the new 1.2 firmware. I did notice that the Controller chose channel 8 this time, even though there were NO other WiFi signals in the area where I was flying. I had never seen this channel used with previous firmware.
Where do you see channel displayed? It's a good point since most routers default to ch 6, the further away from local signals the better. Can you tell it what channel to select? Thx

I use a WiFi scanner on my android phone to scan for WiFi interference before I fly. This is how I found that the Controller had chosen WiFi channel 8. Previously it would only choose channel 6 or 11.

the new update looks for the least congested channel and could change everytime you power up

Just performed my update using my Galaxy S5. All went fine except Gimbal Version read --. I rebooted my phone app and now it reads 1.2.

Anyone had the problem of the update not finishing I waited for about 20 mins for Solo to update and turned off in disgust.
Will try again tomorrow I am waiting for my Gimbal to return from 3DR so Solo could be waiting for that maybe.
Problem is now I can't fly regardless bummer.

Have you tried any of the suggestions posted so far in this thread John?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso