Solo V1.2 release

Reaction score
V1.2 release is out. Get it while it's hot! So far I like this update. Especially that it powers the GoPro off with Solo and that the gimbal seems much more reliable and stable. Still no Harlem Shake mode like promised before the gimbal release :(

V1.2 release is out. Get it while it's hot! So far I like this update. Especially that it powers the GoPro off with Solo and that the gimbal seems much more reliable and stable. Still no Harlem Shake mode like promised before the gimbal release :(
Harlem Shake mode?

In my case (like other releases) I had to re "pair" the Solo to the controller, and so it also reset my Sololink network to the default. It reset my settings (such as functions mapped to the A/B buttons as well as voice alerts volume etc. etc. Went through them, and all good.. Cant wait to test.

It is interesting, that you can now have the beta app and the release app on the same machine :)

In my case (like other releases) I had to re "pair" the Solo to the controller, and so it also reset my Sololink network to the default. It reset my settings (such as functions mapped to the A/B buttons as well as voice alerts volume etc. etc. Went through them, and all good.. Cant wait to test.

It is interesting, that you can now have the beta app and the release app on the same machine :)
I know right? I usually don't mess with beta as much as I should though.
I think a lot of people mixed the GoPro settings control release with this one. The 15th is a separate update.

Reactions: Earldgrayjr
Well, I updated successfully but my controller is frozen in the "controller updated" screen with the green check mark.
Won't do anything but the gimbal controls work fine.
Any ideas how to turn it off aside from disconnecting the battery?

Reactions: MonsterShot
Well, I updated successfully but my controller is frozen in the "controller updated" screen with the green check mark.
Won't do anything but the gimbal controls work fine.
Any ideas how to turn it off aside from disconnecting the battery?
Probably going to have to disconnect the battery. It won't hurt it. Worst comes to worst you'll have to rebind the controller or factory reset.

Only thing I had to do was to rebind my A and B buttons. Solo Wi-Fi didn't change. Didn't get a chance to take her up cuz I got the willies. I was about to test a towet mission when I saw that there was an update to the solo available. I actually performed the upgrade in my backyard. I'm pretty careful with things and decided that I wouldn't throw caution to the wind and take solo up without first checking the forums to make sure nobody solos were crashing due to the update. However I did take her up in manual mode for a bit and noticed that she was drifting. Though its not update related will the solo drift if it is launched from uneven ground? Reason I ask is the grass in my backyard is kind of bumpy and solo was not perfectly level when I took off so I was wondering if the drift was caused by that.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: prowler9
You will get drift in manual mode, especially if there is any wind, even a few puffs of wind.

where is this version? have a link? I went to google play and latest version I see is 1.1.3?

thanks

Not an app update. The update is for the solo itself. Open the solo app and check under updates

Here are the update bullet points: Please copy to original post. Couldn't find them anywhere so I copied them manually.

Smoother gimbal performance at all tilt angles
Improved gimbal initialization
New gimbal motor protection algorithm
Networking improvements to increase range in crowded Wi-Fi environments
Automatically shut down the GoPro with solos power button
Smoother controls in and out of Smart Shots
General reliability improvements

Last edited:
ok - taken SOLO up three times this afternoon to confirm gimbal droop issue REALLY has been fixed... whatever the software update for the SOLO was, it has definitely fixed the gimbal issues I was having such as tilting when i didn't want it to, is more responsive and turns off when i turn off the SOLO itself! that's cool and unexpected.

and there I was thinking it was ME and an inability to follow VERY simple instructions. thank goodness for that.

so i have no idea what the next update is - hoping it will add the controlling the GoPro settings while in flight. :)

ok - taken SOLO up three times this afternoon to confirm gimbal droop issue REALLY has been fixed... whatever the software update for the SOLO was, it has definitely fixed the gimbal issues I was having such as tilting when i didn't want it to, is more responsive and turns off when i turn off the SOLO itself! that's cool and unexpected.

and there I was thinking it was ME and an inability to follow VERY simple instructions. thank goodness for that.

so i have no idea what the next update is - hoping it will add the controlling the GoPro settings while in flight. :)
Mine seems to be working perfectly too- on the ground. Too rainy and windy to fly now. :oops:

Reactions: emulsiondown
I just finished doing the update..the update seem to install alright!
Then did a level and compas calibration...just seem like the right thing to do after intalling an update!
But to late to go out and test...but Mabe tomorrow!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso