Solo V1.2 release

Update went fine first time, no problems and no reset on the password. Only thing I had to fix was the A/B assignments.
Yeah, it was odd. I kept trying my usual password, different variations. Then decided to look up the default on 3DR support and got connected with it. Then had to re-pair the controller which I've never had to do. I am wondering if the modified hostapd.conf file had something to do with it.

Just a confirmation that the "pointing south upon initiation" gimbal problem has been resolved on my bird with this latest firmware update. (The whole "don't start your Solo when it's pointing south" thing seemed to be voodoo but I guess 3DR engineers figured out where to stick the pins...)

Yeah, it was odd. I kept trying my usual password, different variations. Then decided to look up the default on 3DR support and got connected with it. Then had to re-pair the controller which I've never had to do. I am wondering if the modified hostapd.conf file had something to do with it.
Not sure Ray, but that would make sense. I didn't do that mod, so that would explain why you had a different experience. Hopefully, you won't have to do the mod now with the reported increase in WiFi performance.

Crap, that was it, I seemed to remember that when you needed to pair that there was a message on the controller screen. Well it is all working now. Was there new firmware for the gimbal? I don't remember what version I had before but the firmware version for the gimbal being shown is 1.1.4
thats odd mine does not show any gimbal version??? its just blank??
The update went smooth as well.

Not sure Ray, but that would make sense. I didn't do that mod, so that would explain why you had a different experience. Hopefully, you won't have to do the mod now with the reported increase in WiFi performance.
I'm really not sure if the mod helped that much or not. Using the FPVLR antennas was an improvement, and I rarely go out further than a couple of thousand feet anyway.
I'll have to wait for tomorrow after work for a test flight.

I'm really not sure if the mod helped that much or not. Using the FPVLR antennas was an improvement, and I rarely go out further than a couple of thousand feet anyway.
I'll have to wait for tomorrow after work for a test flight.

I did the software mod and flew out to 3300' I may have been able to go further but had already lost RSI a couple hundred feet before. Besides why do I ever really need to go that far, just wanted to see how far I could go, if I could reach a half mile. Will have to redo the test to see if the patch gets the same distance.

I did the software mod and flew out to 3300' I may have been able to go further but had already lost RSI a couple hundred feet before. Besides why do I ever really need to go that far, just wanted to see how far I could go, if I could reach a half mile. Will have to redo the test to see if the patch gets the same distance.
Wow! I can't even see that far. How long does it take to fly that far and return?

I reset the configuration on solo and controller before doing the update so I would get all of the changes. After the update I added the changes I wanted. Haven't flown yet but the update was uneventful, which is a good thing.

I'm having mad Gopro live feed lag to the point that I can't fly with the video feed anymore, also the Solo app is crashing like crazy now and acting really weird man I ain't happy right now at all. The only thing the update fixed/made better was the GPS lock for me anyway.

I was only flying at about 10mph. Here is the link
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
wow smooth as hell did you set the sharpness at high?

Last edited:
I installed the update, everything seems to have worked correctly with the install. I only had to reset the "B" button. I even got a 8 sat lock sitting on my desk. I even started the motors and gave it power to take off (without props).

I'll test fly it in the morning.

I'm having mad Gopro live feed lag to the point that I can't fly with the video feed anymore, also the Solo app is crashing like crazy now and acting really weird man I ain't happy right now at all. The only thing the update fixed/made better was the GPS lock for me anyway.
Double check solo app version and make sure its latest version.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150