Solo V1.2 release

well I cant really see anyone with exactly the same problem this just wont complete the update from the tablet the controller looks OK and its done a Battery restart on Solo but then it just sits there.
Ok.
Did you get the Update complete message on the controller display?
Did it then after pressing the A button tell you "waiting for Solo "
If the answers are a yes, you are good so far.

What did the Solo led colors look like?
- flashing in rainbow colors: still updating, keep on waiting, can take up to 20 min
- flashing red: power cycle and wait for max 5 minutes and it should work then

If any of the answers are a no, contact support. They will guide you through a factory reset.

Ok.

- flashing in rainbow colors: still updating, keep on waiting, can take up to 20 min

If any of the answers are a no, contact support. They will guide you through a factory reset.
Thanks Steve, I will check your notes and try again, you don't suggest that because the Gimbal is not connected that could cause the wait?
Anyway I have another go and cross check maybe I just didn't wait long enough.
Will get back later on,
Cheers,John.

Hello, I'm new here!

The new update seems to have dramatically improved my gimbal problems and frustrations, personally. However, when the hell are they going to update the app/gimbal so you can control the GoPro settings?? In all of their video ads, and on their website, it says and illustrates how you can control the GoPro settings. But, right now, I'm only able to start and stop recording...

well I cant really see anyone with exactly the same problem this just wont complete the update from the tablet the controller looks OK and its done a Battery restart on Solo but then it just sits there.
That's pretty much what happened to me. In the end, it worked after the second time I deleted and reinstalled the android app. I recommend restarting the phone/ tablet before reinstalling the app.

Hello, I'm new here!

The new update seems to have dramatically improved my gimbal problems and frustrations, personally. However, when the hell are they going to update the app/gimbal so you can control the GoPro settings?? In all of their video ads, and on their website, it says and illustrates how you can control the GoPro settings. But, right now, I'm only able to start and stop recording...

I have read the next update should come around the 15th of the month. (Key word there "Should")

Reactions: YAPP
I just upgraded. No issues, no password reset, no re-pairing needed.
First test looks good so far. No GPS lock and fly because was indoor.
Indeed when I shut down Solo also the GoPro ( Black 3+ ) was shut down.
Will see on fly test maybe tomorow if is no rain.

First flight on new code. Smooth as can be. Gimbal smooth as can be. Range, unchanged (get out to about 4000' with ALFA panels in wifi congested area). GPS, 20 second locks with up to 16 sats today.

I did not have problems with Solo or gimbal prior to upgrade. So, for me no noticeable change in performance, which is fine with me. Can't say it enough, this copter rocks.

I actually experienced my first gimbal problem today. Also first time running the new update while controlling via Android. I gave everything a go using iOS shortly after the firmware update and had no problems. Today I was using Tower exclusively while manually controlling solo and noticed that the gimbal on my second flight appeared to be stuck in the down position. I could not control to gimbal. Another thing I noticed on power up initially was no record button for video. I even disconnected Android and fired up the iPhone solo app and there was no record button there either. Video was showing but I could not record. I power cycled everything including pulling the battery out of the GoPro and I was in business. Not sure what happened there.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

It's still early days overall and there are bound to be problems with running this and that on cross platform apps, I am sure is going to be an ongoing problems look at the current PC vs Mac using the same Intel CPU but the OS man o man.

Ok.

Hi Steve, I tried again today it didn't do any more updating, I had a good WI-FI connection but the controller couldn't find Solo and the App said Solo wasn't connected, so I took the battery out of the controller same think re Pared Solo same thing, getting rather frustrated at this point so I got an android phone Galaxy 6 I think the App was loaded but said it needed updating so I connected everything up using the phone a small update to the Controller then about a minute to update Solo done everything worked I was inside so I took it outside to acquire satellites and ready to Fly.
So I then went back to my Samsung Tab and connected up all OK.
So it must have had a hiccup somewhere in the last part of the upload to solo I would think but now its pouring with rain, tomorrow is another day, thank you for your help.

We finally had a break in the rain here and I got to fly Solo with my working gimbal using the new firmware.

I know others have had mixed results, but I have just got to say "WOW".

With still just the one wifi card in the controller swapped and a single Alfa antenna, lots of humidity (it started to rain again as I brought Solo back), I got out to over 4300ft. That's over 72% more than I got prior (2500ft) with the old hostapd mod in the same configuration and location. I also was only at -65dB; 3bars left.

Even better, no rolling video for me.

Turning Solo 180 degrees while far out there was still an issue and caused RTH with relatively quick reconnects but I fully expect a clover on each end to add cir-pol will fix that. I'm still waiting on my u.fl-SMA pigtails to show up. o_O Seems everything is coming in delayed these days.

image.jpeg

The gimbal looked like it was making the video super smooth when viewed on the tablet but I'll have to check it out on the computer.

Unfortunately, had to stop testing and land Solo quick to avoid getting everything drenched.

Reactions: Jubalr
Which Alfa antenna do you recommend.
I would like to order from Amazon.
Thanks

Which Alfa antenna do you recommend.
I would like to order from Amazon.
Thanks
I think the pack that PureMX linked are fine.

I actually went for the APA-M25 as I knew I wouldn't use 2 and liked the narrower form. It's dual band which Solo doesn't need, and it's only 1dBi more gain than the single band version at 2.4Ghz. It costs more than the 2 pack though, so value-wise, the 2 pack is much better.

http://www.amazon.com/Alfa-APA-M25-...8&qid=1444631390&sr=1-1&keywords=alfa+apa-m25

No need to buy a patch cable, they screw on directly to the controller and you can turn them vertically upside down angled slightly up to have the printed ALFA text aimed at Solo as PureMX stated. Don't turn them sideways (bending left or right) - these are vertically polarized as are Solo's stock antennas. You'll lose signal strength if you do that.

Last edited:
Has anyone else run into any issues on android relating to solo running the latest updates? Never had issues before but since the last firmware update I've experienced instances where the gimbal would fail to respond to controller input and have noticed some inconsistencies with the video feed. The record button was unresponsive. Tried stopping the video after a tower mission and could not. I was able to issue the video stop by using the paddle button on the controller and that worked but the recording appeared to still be going according to the solo app. Restart of solo fixed gimbal issue and I did have it facing north on that reboot but wasn't that supposed to be fixed in the firmware already? Might pop the battery cover and make sure the blob of hot glue holding the hdmi cable hasn't failed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Projeffrey11
Right now, Tower is interfering with the controller. I have to reboot my solo after running tower to get my gimbal control to work again. Perhaps this is your problem?

That sounds about right. Is this a known issue that's been reported to 3DR?

That sounds about right. Is this a known issue that's been reported to 3DR?

I would think it's probably Tower that would need to rectify this as Tower isn't a 3DR app.

Actually someone over at Google plus tower page said that gimbal control is now controlled thru tower by dragging up and down on the video screen to control the gimbal. I haven't tested this but I know for sure that clicking the Video window in Tower disables controller input.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig