Solo V1.2 release

Crap, that was it, I seemed to remember that when you needed to pair that there was a message on the controller screen. Well it is all working now. Was there new firmware for the gimbal? I don't remember what version I had before but the firmware version for the gimbal being shown is 1.1.4

I Had to factory reset and then re-pair. In my case I dl the update. Then reverted my hostapd.conf. Ready to update. My controller no longer was broadcasting a wifi network.

I found the video issues to be way worse and the solo seemed far more squirrelly on hover relying more on the gimbal (was windy before and after). Range was slightly less than an immediate test before with hostapd mod, but not much. Gps lock I was expecting wonders, however it was the same (around 3-4 mins). My gps signal mod arrives in few days.

It's return to home gps lock was more than 10m off and it's never been more than 2m.

Whilst pondering the squirrelnestiness, I noticed hooting it around back and forth seemed to smooth it out. ( I'd already redone level and compass for good measure, but not redone sticks cal). So I did the only sensible thing in my driveway with trees around and flicked it back and forth and into said tree :( one prop and a beeping noise on startup. Suspect motor pod. Luckily I have a spare and will replace tomorrow and retest.

If the video issues are not simply a loose hdmi cable, then it might be my wifi card mod cable routing. Had been waiting for update to see if fixed before pulling apart again.

Hopefully it fixed gimbal flopping. I tested prior to update with hdmi cable out of way and still flopped. Video so much worse after update I can't tell if flopped. Will review GoPro footage.

All in all hopefully flops fixed, video is probably my cable routing, gps no better but spacer might work. And hopefully I'm the only one who found it more unstable in wind after the update

Double check solo app version and make sure its latest version.

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk
I have the latest version I can assure you because I tried uninstalling the app to see if that would fix it and it didn't.

GPS wasn't touched for this release, Chris Anderson's Tweet a while before the release suggested GPS code was going to be in the release, but that was not the case.

So it's really gimbal improvements, plus range improvements, though if you'd done the hostapd mod already you'll see just a marginal change, possibly a little less range (not enough to make modding again worth it).

Reactions: Maddog
My experience today:
Updated - OK that went well
Took flight, No probs, but the wind buffeted the aircraft and viola' gimbalini shakethon.
Landed, inspected the gimbal connects
Decided to and did a removal of the HDMI cable's plastic cover.
Up up and away....
I'm not going to take it to the bank, but my gimbal didn't freak out.

Ask me if I'm stoked?

GPS wasn't touched for this release, Chris Anderson's Tweet a while before the release suggested GPS code was going to be in the release, but that was not the case.

So it's really gimbal improvements, plus range improvements, though if you'd done the hostapd mod already you'll see just a marginal change, possibly a little less range (not enough to make modding again worth it).
Problem is the app and Gopro feed, and that's weird that nothing was done to the GPS because mine seems to be much better.

My experience today:
Updated - OK that went well
Took flight, No probs, but the wind buffeted the aircraft and viola' gimbalini shakethon.
Landed, inspected the gimbal connects
Decided to and did a removal of the HDMI cable's plastic cover.
Up up and away....
I'm not going to take it to the bank, but my gimbal didn't freak out.

Ask me if I'm stoked?

Two questions. 1. Are you stoked? and the second, what is the removal of the HDMI cable's plastic cover mod?

what is the meaning of this? New gimbal motor protection algorithm—you can push its limits further

There is a long period of time on the update where not a lot happens and you think its jacked wait about 3 mins and you will notice that your phone will tell you to power cycle the solos battery.

.... what is the removal of the HDMI cable's plastic cover mod?

It's the removal of a portion of the HDMI cable's insulation (cover). It is believed to allow the cable to more flexible at the point where it terminates at the gimbal. There is a thread on the topic...

Reactions: Ian [P13]
There is a long period of time on the update where not a lot happens and you think its jacked wait about 3 mins and you will notice that your phone will tell you to power cycle the solos battery.
Chris is right and this is one of the reasons I have seen updates fail in the past, some will think it's not doing anything but it can take a little time.

Reactions: Ian [P13]
Chris is right and this is one of the reasons I have seen updates fail in the past, some will think it's not doing anything but it can take a little time.
This is after the phone tells you there is going to be a 5 minute wait, so theres significant time involved just watch the phone for prompts. dont go in an out of the app or text or other stuff. all the prompts come on the phone except the press A to continue.

I'm having issues with getting the update to install from my Moto G phone. I've so far done a factory reset and re-pair on Solo with no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I've let the app sit for over an hour churning away, but nothing ever progresses. Now I'm stuck with a Pre-flight Update screen on the controller and no way to fly! Anyone else having these headaches?

Update: After deleting and reinstalling the Solo app a second time, the update finally decided to complete. Can't wait to fly again!

Last edited:
I'm having issues with getting the update to install from my Moto G phone. I've so far done a factory reset and re-pair on Solo with no luck. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I've let the app sit for over an hour churning away, but nothing ever progresses. Now I'm stuck with a Pre-flight Update screen on the controller and no way to fly! Anyone else having these headaches?
Did you get a confirmation of the er-pairing?, I bet that what's the problem your having?
Also. you must use new password to connect to WiFi, since you reset Solo. PW: "sololink"

hello in gopro there is a sharpness selection

Yeah, I looked it up. Just got the GP4 Black so I hadn't messed with the Protune stuff yet. For video there is no sharpness setting, only for photos and by default it is set to max. The video was set for 1080 though.

Nice Video

Thanks, I was very happy with it. I want to do another in that area when the water gets all glassy smooth but at this point the only 2 times I know it is like that it is dark out, will have to wait till spring.

This is after the phone tells you there is going to be a 5 minute wait, so theres significant time involved just watch the phone for prompts. dont go in an out of the app or text or other stuff. all the prompts come on the phone except the press A to continue.

It was just that I needed to re-pair the stupid controller. Seems that some don't need to do that though. Anyways, I did a test flight and it seems to be working fine but will need to do my normal stress test flight to be sure, but it is looking like the weather is going to be an issue for the next several days so that will have to wait. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150