Solo V1.2 release

Why is it so difficult? Followed instructions exactly but had to pull the battery in the frozen controller. Funny that wasn't mentioned!
It seems to be OK. Didn't get a chance to fly but shutting off the Solo does shut off the GoPro. Well it's progress...

Last edited:
In my case (like other releases) I had to re "pair" the Solo to the controller, and so it also reset my Sololink network to the default. It reset my settings (such as functions mapped to the A/B buttons as well as voice alerts volume etc. etc. Went through them, and all good.. Cant wait to test.

It is interesting, that you can now have the beta app and the release app on the same machine :)

My update went smoothly, except the app on the tablet didn't connect to solo. It had a message 'not connected to vehicle' or similar. The controller and solo were connected because the gimbal worked with the controller. Since it is a Nexus Android, I deleted the app and re-installed it. Looks like this is the standard SOP for Android. It then prompted me for the connection again after I powered everything up. The camera view didn't come up right away. I turned camera off then on and finally got a view in the app. All seems ok. I had my first flight with the new gimbal yesterday which was faultless. (ver 1.1.15 on both) No shake, no droop. Gimbal and camera on and working properly for a 12 minute flight. Gimbal moved up & down with control very smooth. Video was very smooth, no complaints. Other than Android related update issues I have had a positive experience with the Solo so far.

Well the update hung my solo. Tried to power cycle everything several times but it is stuck at the waiting for the solo.

Last edited:
I just finished doing the update..the update seem to install alright!
Then did a level and compas calibration...just seem like the right thing to do after intalling an update!
But to late to go out and test...but Mabe tomorrow!
Does it change the hostapd.conf file?

Lurch - you say you closed out the SOLO, Controller and your app right? In addition to removing the battery from SOLO try removing the Controller battery and also do a soft reset of your app/phone tablet.

Just had my first flight with the new software update. It was successful, no problems! But honestly, I didn't have any problems before the update. Guess I'm lucky. I did fly out to ~1000 feet from home and noticed a stronger rssi than what I observed before (my solo is bone stock, no mods at all). Looking forward to the mid October update, hopefully we will gain some more gopro control by then :). One thing, its cool that the gopro shuts off with solo, bit why doesn't it turn on with solo? Hopefully this is something they implement in the future!

I still have to manually power cycle the GoPro in order to get video on my iPhone 6S Plus.
This update didn't fix that.

Lurch - you say you closed out the SOLO, Controller and your app right? In addition to removing the battery from SOLO try removing the Controller battery and also do a soft reset of your app/phone tablet.

Tried all that, the controller is not even seeing the Solo at this point, it has a message waiting for Solo.

Check the actual software version of the solo app. What ya running? I had looking for solo issues a few software updates ago on android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Solo starts clean where it has the red and white lights you may just need to pair it. Press the pair button on the solo underside.

Crap, that was it, I seemed to remember that when you needed to pair that there was a message on the controller screen. Well it is all working now. Was there new firmware for the gimbal? I don't remember what version I had before but the firmware version for the gimbal being shown is 1.1.4

The update set the Solo link password back to the default. Once I finally tried it, it connected but Solo was not seeing the controller. Had to re-pair them and all is good. When powering off, the GoPro goes off as well because when I went to turn it off, I actually turned it on.

Ahh wonderful, can't believe I'm this late to the party, was just reading through my notifications all day. Good thing really I guess, seems like everybody is having great results with the update so guess I'm safe since I'm late. Impressive not one complaint that's not been solved in this thread so far. I flew earlier but guess I was out of wifi range with cell turned off cause it didn't mention an update. Glad to see 3dr came this close to hitting the date they mentioned before. A day delay I'm good with, glad to know the 15th is another update and sounds to be implementing GoPro controls.

I'll update after a shower, here's hoping I'm not the first f up since I've had decent luck with solo and normally my lucks crap. It's late but I'll still have to try things out so I'll see soon enough how my update goes.

Update went fine first time, no problems and no reset on the password. Only thing I had to fix was the A/B assignments.

Ahh wonderful, can't believe I'm this late to the party, was just reading through my notifications all day. Good thing really I guess, seems like everybody is having great results with the update so guess I'm safe since I'm late. Impressive not one complaint that's not been solved in this thread so far. I flew earlier but guess I was out of wifi range with cell turned off cause it didn't mention an update. Glad to see 3dr came this close to hitting the date they mentioned before. A day delay I'm good with, glad to know the 15th is another update and sounds to be implementing GoPro controls.

I'll update after a shower, here's hoping I'm not the first f up since I've had decent luck with solo and normally my lucks crap. It's late but I'll still have to try things out so I'll see soon enough how my update goes.
Don't worry about being late- we saved you a slice of bad luck. It's in the oven if you like.o_O

Reactions: KRVer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150